• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by JaneMTaylor

1. J

Rowton House

These are fantastic, thank you for sharing. I would love to know what capacity my family were at Rowton House. I believe that he was a worker there, but have not been able to find any records.
  2. J

Royal George Hotel. Tower Road

I've just come across a certificate that shows one of my family living at the Royal George Hotel, Tower Road, Aston (1936). I can't find any trace of this - does anyone have any clues?
  3. J

Missing Family members - Wheeler / Baker

Quick update. The 1935 certificate is no good either, so still no date of death for Lily.
  4. J

Hi Everyone, Hoping that I can now upload documents 4 in total. Ellen Wheeler (my nan) marriage certificate This shows her home address as 99 Grantham Road - not sure why here? This shows her fathers occupation - Church Metal Worker? This shows that her sister Florence was a witness George...
  5. J

Hi Janice the docs are in WORD. yes, I also think that Dymock and Dymoke are the same. Still having trouble getting a trace for Florence at the address. I always new my nan as Ellen. I think she as called Nell by close older friends. It was only on starting family tree that I have found out...
  6. J

Hi everyone, Just received George's death certificate. This shows that he died at Selly Oak Hospital but resided at 145 Alcester Street (Rowton House). It also describes his occupation as a Brass Dresser. This fits with other descriptions over the years, on the 1911 census it also states brass...
  7. J

if this Lily wheeler is correct it could mean she didn't remarry. Or couldn't remarry as no trace of a divorce
  8. J

i have got George's death certificate on order. Did ask for Lily, but this was when I was told that this was a child. So realised that dates were wrong. May try the new date for Lily's death and marriage for florence
  9. J

hi Lyn not got Florence's marriage certificate just the index reference. On Ellen's in 1929 I think it reads as church metal worker
  10. J

Hi Lyn florence married William b tuzzio in jun 1933 ellen mary married john victor 11.04.1929 doris died 17.12.1926
  11. J

I also had an address of albert cottages, brougham street (attached). As this is where the 3 girls went I thought he may have took lodging close by. I have received a response from Sisters of Mercy (see below) and shows that they were admitted on 7th October 1912. But then this admission...
  12. J

Well this has opened up a can of worms! I have George Frederick Wheeler b1877. He was on the 1911 census with the family living at Tower Street. The age of 36 appears to confirm this. His marriage on 4.12.1898 also states his age at 21 which calculates correctly. I had originally thought he...
  13. J

Now that makes more sense. But George did leave money to Florence not Lily so something may have happened. I have emailed St Mary's and will let you know what they say. I have one remaining living uncle (a son of Ellen) but unfortunately he does not have the full story either. He thinks that...
  14. J

This is fantastic progress. Many thanks to all. I am glad that this appears to be work related rather than hard times. How can I get this confirmed? Glad to see that George stayed close for awhile. If he moved to Rowton in 1925 this was 3 years before Ellen got married. However I am still...
  15. J

Hi Lyn I will keep you up to date. Just adding the Tuzzio family to Ancestry to see what comes up next. George Wheeler did die in 1928 and did leave money to Florence. It is a mystery as to why or how this was possible. There is another member of this forum (SheronB) who was looking for the...
Back