• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by jamesg1977

1. J

Salford House Erdington Birmingham

I'm more than happy to Whatsapp it to you, if your happy to swap phone numbers, if you prefer us to keep it to the forum though totally understand :)
  2. J

Kingsbury Rd, Erdington

I used to buy m&m's and space raiders from the Mobil garage, and occasionally a Ruffle bar lol
  3. J

Erdington

Can anyone remember "Brian's" the barber shop at Stockland Green near the chip shop?
  4. J

Heneage Street

It equates to £1535.48!! :)
  5. J

Gravelly Hill - Slade Road / The Slade

Hi Eric do you know of Charlie, Edith or Irene Hawkesford? (they lived at 20 kegworth Rd.) coincidently they also moved in 1962. Me and my mom (Irene) moved out in 1985, my nan (Edith) passed away in 1988 and finally my grandad (Charlie) moved out in 1995. Kind Regards James
  6. J

Birches Green School

I attended Birches Green junior school between 1986 and 1988, im pretty certain that the caretaker when I was there was a chap named Syd.
  7. J

Tyburn Road Factories

My granddad worked at AMAC for 50 years, his name was Charles Hawkesford, does anyone have any memories of him.
  8. J

Alf Delaney. Lucas's.

Re: foseco Hi Polly Do you have any memories of Irene Hawkesford, who worked at Foseco sometime in the early 1970's. Her first husband was Chris Hewitt. Kind regards James
  9. J

Theres also a small coppice which is enclosed by the triangle of roads Kegworth Rd/Hillside Rd/Chartley Rd. I think just like the lime trees this is a relic of the old estate.
  10. J

I cant believe all of this information has come to light, Im truly amazed! Its really appreciated because my mom was fascinated by the history of it. Unfortunately I lost my mom last year she was only 64 at the time. It would have been lovely to show her all of this, she really would have been...
  11. J

Gravelly Hill - Slade Road / The Slade

Hi Ann There were 4 large houses in that area that I am aware of:- Copeley House, Salford House, Highlands and Greylands. Have you got any pics of the house itself? Cheers James
  12. J

Atkinson Ale

Hi Does anyone know whereabout in Aston Atkinson's Brewery was located? Cheers James
  13. J

Salford House A.K.A. Hillside House

Hi Does anyone have any memories with regards to such a building? It was situated just past the railway bridge on the Slade Road, on what now is Hillside/Chartley and Kegworth Road. Regards James
  14. J

Mount Street Nechells

Hi all With regards to my original enquiry, my mother sadly passed away 5 weeks ago. Any memories of her or my late grandparents would be awfully nice to hear right now. 13 Mount St. Charles Hawkesford/ Edith Hawkesford or Irene Hawkesford. They all lived here during the 40's 50's and 60's...
  15. J

Salford Park Photos Please

Hi all Amazing pictures!! Does anyone have any memories of Salford House otherwise known as Hillside House. It was a large house which took up the area which is now occupied by the triangle of Kegworth Road, Hillside Road and Chartley Road. Thanks James
Back