• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Jackieb422ag

1. J

Corner Shop Grange Road, Small Heath

Re: Grange Road Thank you very much for the information Pedro42. Both websites are very useful, much appreciated. Regards, Jackieb422ag
  2. J

WW1 Army Information

Thanks again Mand, I'll certainly give this site a try.
  3. J

WW1 Army Information

Thanks Mand for the info. I've tried Ancestry but there's no record of him in the WW! Army Pensions or Service Records, although they haven't finished entering the M's yet on the Service Records. Then I have to hope his details have survived and are in the 'burnt documents'. There's also no...
  4. J

WW1 Army Information

Can anyone help please. I know that my uncle served in the First World War, but had no information regarding his regiment. However, I have just found him on the Absent Voters Index which states George William MOORE 60263 Pte 2/1 RNDC Co Hussars. Does anyone know the full title of the regiment? I...
  5. J

Grange Road Sorry fergie, there's no one left now in the family that would remember. My mother would have been the one as she had a fantastic memory about the 'old days'. It's always the case though, you wished you'd have asked more. The name Underhill is familiar, all the shop keepers...
  6. J

The Nelson Public House

Thanks to everyone for replying. I've been trying on and off for some years to find information about the pub. Great picture postie. My Grandparents used to run a shop in Grange Road and after my Gt. Grandfather, Alexander McClure, lost his sight, my mother used to fetch his beer in a white jug...
  7. J

The Nelson Public House

Can anyone help please. I'm looking for any information or pictures of The Nelson Pub in Small Heath. I've been told that it may have been in Green Lane. My Gt. Grandfather used to frequent the pub and he lived in Baker Street, Small Heath, so I imagine it wouldn't have been too far from his...
  8. J

A big thank you to pmc1947 for the picture and John Houghton for the extract from Kellys Directory. I recognise some of the names as my mother used to talk about them.
  9. J

Unfortunately pmc1947 I haven't received the photograph. Perhaps you could try again when you've got time. Thanks. Jackie
  10. J

Thanks Alf, I agree. I've been researching my family history for some years now and I've never come across a site with such a wealth of information and local knowledge. I hope I'll be able to help someone in return. Thanks Postied for the great picture. The corner shop is obviously the same...
  11. J

Thanks Michael for the picture. I appreciate your time in replying.
  12. J

Hello to everyone, My Grandparents, Samuel Holloway and Ada Ann (McClure) used to have a shop at 56 Grange Road, Small Heath, in the mid 1920's and early 1930's. It was actually located on the corner of Grange Road and Bertram Road. It was a general grocery/greengrocers shop and they also...
  13. J

Primitive Methodist Chapel, Jenkins Street

Can anyone help please. I'm looking for any information or photographs of the Primitive Methodist Chapel, Jenkins Street, Small Heath. Does the building still exist? My Gt. Aunt, Harriet Holloway, married John Gannon there on the 25 Dec. 1891 when it came under the District of Aston.
Back