• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by IzzyBarbusseCEN

1. I

Park Lane...Aston

I was a friend of Wendy. The hairdresser used the front room of the Lloyds house. We used to travel by train in the school holidays to visit Wendy’s mum who lived in Lichfield where her parents ran a garage. when I married in 1966 I moved to Lichfield to live. I often think of Wendy as the...
  2. I

Park Lane...Aston

one of my friends was Wendy Lloyd who lived with her grandparents Mr & Mrs Lloyd. I loved their house, it was very large and had a breakfast room!. I lived just a bit further up the road, just across the road from the Black Horse.
  3. I

Park Lane...Aston

I LivEd opposite the Black horse until I married in 1966 and moved to Staffordshire.
  4. I

TOWER ROAD ASTON B6

I remember a Ken Bull from Tower Road
  5. I

Waverley Grammar School

Did he live in Tower Road?
  6. I

Waverley Grammar School

Did he live in Tower Road
  7. I

Waverley Grammar School

I was at Waverley Grammar school between 1956 -1962.
  8. I

Park Lane...Aston

I lived across the Road from the Black Horse pub and I am on the Coronation Day photograph along with several play mates and our immediate neighbours. Wendy, the granddaughter of the Lloyds was my best friend and she lived with them in the house adjoined to their garage. It was a very grand...
Back