• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Ivy butler

1. I

Glovers Road shops

Hi Norman My uncle by marriage, Jack Hone (Married to Evelyn Butler) worked at a butchers called Corbett in I think Yardley. I would love a copy of your book and will reciprocate when I’ve finished my Nanny B recipe book. I’m new to this forum so could you kindly arrange please. Thank you so...
  2. I

Glovers Road shops

Hi Boomy Belchers, that’s it!!!!! I used to run round there for Nan to get butter wrapped in blue paper. My Nan and Grandad actually owned the shop that Tommy Tyers rented. My uncle Cyril Butler was the one who worked for Maturi’s in the van. There was also a little bakers nearby wasn’t...
  3. I

Glovers Road shops

Anyone remember the grocers on the corner of Glovers Road, there was a butchers on the other corner. I’m creating a recipe book in memory of my Nan who lived at 347 Cooksey Road. I went to Jenkins St school in the 50s and my brother went to Oakley Road. Such happy days
Back