• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Ingleton

1. I

Ward End buildings

The Fox and Goose is where we gathered to be picked up for our games for the Old Saltleians Rugby Club, back when only one or two of the players owned cars
  2. I

Fisher & Ludlows factory

The Bradford Arms in Castle Bromwich is now called the Toby Carvery I think
  3. I

"midland Journey" Film 1947

This film cannot be seen outside the UK, so I miss the egregious mistakes. But really, get a life guys
  4. I

Passages, Alleyways Gulletts and Snickets of Old Brum

They were not too nice to ride a bike on when they were wet, I remember
  5. I

Thomas Henry Gem

Dennis, Major Gem must have given his name to Gem Street, which I recall was somewhere near Woodcock Street Baths, and which was the location of a Schools Clinic, where I was sent to for a course of treatment to get rid of my flat feet ! John Robbins
  6. I

Alum Rock Road

I used to go to school with Billy Hicks who lived in Jephcott Road, often used to pop in to his house on the way back to school after the class's weekly visit to Saltley Baths in George Arthur Street, which I see from Google Street View is no longer there
  7. I

St Margarets Ward End Lookups

Make that Ward End, not Waed End
  8. I

St Margarets Ward End Lookups

St Margaret's Church in Waed End ?
  9. I

Butler Street, Small Heath

................the Citoen Dealership now occupies the site of Butler Street South
  10. I

Lost Lidos

Does anyone remember or have pics of the lido at The Greswolde pub in Solihull ?
  11. I

Stitchers stitchings

Maybe a bit off thread, but as this is River Street thread, was anybody out there camping with the 45th Bham troop at Lynmouth when the River Lyn flash flooded 60 years ago today , and who had to be evacuated home with me and the rest of the troop , on a chara, to the Scout hall opp St...
  12. I

Sutton Park

And another question - does anyone recall the model steam engine and railway that used to run in the Park, or is it me imagining things again ?
  13. I

28 bus route

I have just been down Oldknow Road on Google Street view, and I doubt very much if a 28 bus could even be driven down there these days, with so many cars parked either side. Streetview also shows a brilliant view from the same vantage point of the original pic, even showing the same houses at...
  14. I

28 bus route

Ragga, The exact spot the pic was taken from is probably now covered by the Small Heath Hwy, but if you look again at Google Maps and go to the south end of Oldknow Road, where it turns west into Waverley Road, you can see a blue Google bus stop map symbol a few yards into Waverley Road. Well...
  15. I

28 bus route

I think the first word on the destination sign is "Station St" - that's where the bus was probably heading up town Tarrarabit
Back