• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Indianapugwash

1. I

Nechells

Melvina Road existed in the 50s for sure as my brother was born there in 1954. They were sets of 3 storey flats and we lived on the ground floor of one such set Block 10 flat 2 ... as youngsters we used to walk along that wall that was alongside the railway line. we moved out about 1958 i...
  2. I

Stechford Area

i remember this place with fondness, we used to walk up there shopping, my mom myself and my little sister. it was a beautiful place, plenty of space, lots of trees, very clean and very neat. then later on in my when i would be about 11 years i used to go up with nan and grandad in the car...
  3. I

Loxton Street School

i remember loxton street pretty well and not with fond memories. i think i went there from about 1954 to 1957/8. i was asked by one of the teachers to "look after the steps and keep the children off" ... i would be about 7 or 8 at the time so about 1956/7 ... and i got a right slap on the...
Back