• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by IanWest

1. I

213 Bristol Road, Edgbaston 1830's to 1880's

Thank you. All done. Ian
  2. I

Your post 54 is the correct one, but the link brings up nothing for 1928. Interesting to see if you get a different result.
  3. I

Thanks Janice. However I tried this and the only year with information was in 1929 where it brought up a page of William Wests, none of whom were correct, and when I included less information it brought up a page of Broadhursts which I certainly do not understand.
  4. I

I have not viewed it. Is that easy to do?
  5. I

Janice, many thanks for all of this information. I had failed to find it. The house was always meant by William to be a family home where his children could gather, but he died early age only 63. His widow moved from there to Pebble Mill Rd.
  6. I

May I add a similar question regarding information on 222 Bristol Road where my great grandfather William West lived with his family between 1920 and 1927 when he died. I am not aware of a house name, but I have a picture... The 1921 Census refers to it as 22 Bristol Rd but I believe that 222 is...
  7. I

Barford Road School Ladywood

OK. Thanks for that. It takes me back to the WayBack Machine internet Archive. This has taken snapshots of the original website over a period of 20 years and I can navigate back into it from there. Does Mac Joseph's original website no longer exist?
  8. I

Barford Road School Ladywood

It is reasonably certain that my grandfather and his five brothers and four sisters attended Barford Road School . Given that the first brother was born in 1884 and the last sister in 1903 this should suggest a continuous presence there between around 1889 and and 1916. Any of them may be on...
  9. I

Birmingham Fire Stations

Aggie - I would love to contact you and see what photos you have. My particular interest is Linguard St and the career of Walter Hayes who was my wife's great grandfather. Ian
  10. I

Birmingham Fire Stations

I have a picture of I have a photo of Walter Hayes with his family and the gentleman on the left is a spitting image
Back