• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Houchens Head

1. Houchens Head

Nazareth House

Certainly have kpm! I to used to have some old pics, taken up in the playground area where the swings and "witches hat" roundabout used to be, but one of my sisters has them and I a'int seen them for 20 or more years. Could even be dead for all I know! We were never given a chance to "bond" as...
  2. Houchens Head

Nazareth House

We would DEFINATELY like to see some pics kpm! I don't think many people have pictures from the old place! The general concensus on the forum is that we all have BAD memories of Nazi House!
  3. Houchens Head

Nazareth House

Hi Maxwell. Although I'm not a Brummie (I was born and mostly raised in Coventry), I have loads of affection for Brum.
  4. Houchens Head

Nazareth House

What?? Sorry Tony. I don't think you saw what me, my brother and 2 sisters saw over the years!
  5. Houchens Head

Nazareth House

Hi Tony. Just received your email via F.R. (It's me, Baz from IoW). I remember Betty well! Also Nora. She was deaf-mute. Rover was the "Devil-dog" - always snapping and snarling at us kids! Mind you, we used to torment the hell out of him when Assumpta wasn't around! I also remember Sister...
  6. Houchens Head

Nazareth House

Let me know how you get on and what you think! x
  7. Houchens Head

Nazareth House

When I was at Nazi House I was in "St John Bosco" Group, which was the boys group and was run by Sister Assumpta (imagine an elderly Bob Monkhouse in a cowl and that was her!). Anyway, our "holidays" were always to another Nazareth House somewhere! We went to Hammersmith Convent for a week and...
  8. Houchens Head

Nazareth House

I'm pleased to see that you found her very nice! She always treated us kids really badly, as did nearly all the nuns.
  9. Houchens Head

Nazareth House

Hi Marie! You're more than welcome to read my book. You can download it here https://www.lulu.com/product/file-download/pater-noster/69605?productTrackingContext=search_results/search_shelf/center/3 Hope you enjoy! Baz
  10. Houchens Head

Nazareth House

vonnymeek If you want to "snipe" a picture, right-click over the desired pic, and then click on "save picture as" from the drop down menu that appears. I usually save pictures to my desktop and then file them somewhere later on.
  11. Houchens Head

Nazareth House

My old man outside the church at Nazi House. I remember the rows of pink carnations all along the driveway. This was taken approx 1962/3. The car was a 1956 Chevy Bel Air. My dad always drove big American motors! Bloody Poser!!
  12. Houchens Head

Nazareth House

Hi Izzy. Yes. You are right. I recall houses just starting to be built on land previously owned by Nazi House, just before I left in Dec '63. I went back (only in passing as a delivery driver) in 1990-91 and demolition work on the old building had not long finished. I thought this was ironic as...
  13. Houchens Head

Nazareth House

"Christmas" was a lovely black and white pony which we were allowed to ride as long as we were under 5 stone in weight and had a nun watching over us! He was donated by the circus after we had been to see the show at Bingley Hall and one of the girls from Nazi House was brought to the centre of...
  14. Houchens Head

Nazareth House

Hi everyone! Wow! Nazi House eh? I was there with my brother and two sisters from Dec 1959 to Dec 1963. My brother Phil and I were in John Bosco Group (Sister Assumta's) Boys and my two older sisters, Jackie and Yvonne were in Sister Aloysius (spelling?) (pronounced ‘Allo‑wish‑us’). The only...
Back