• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by hitster

1. H

Marsh Hill Boys Grammar Tech School

When I was at the school 1982 to 89 the great Bernie was still there to 1987. Ken Oliver is apparently still seen out and about in Erdington and everyone who posts on a similar FB site says he was a top bloke. There is a photo of him from last few years on the page header. There was a Pete...
  2. H

Marsh Hill Boys Grammar Tech School

Bernie Platt taught be Geography from 1982 to 87 and helped me pass my O-Level. He then left the school after 28 years and took early retirement a couple of years later. Sadly he died in November 2019 aged 83. He was still as frightening and fearsome when I started the school but we all grew to...
  3. H

Marsh Hill Girls Grammar Tech School

I was part of last senior school intake at the combined Marsh Hill School in 1982 so the joint school only had under a decade as an intake school before it became a 6rh form college. Interesting you had 3 schools on one site and Jaffray only about half a mile away. Mrs Box was deputy head when...
  4. H

Marsh Hill Girls Grammar Tech School

Interesting and good to see a prize named after an Asian Girl in 1967.
Back