• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Here not there

1. H

John Hosford- Yardley cemetery

Must of been many "walking wounded" whose wounds weren't physical... Like you say, very little in the way of help back then. Thanks again, Mic
  2. H

Thank you so much! And for doing it so quickly :) Looks like (as I thought) there's no headstone, but it's great to have an idea of where he is. I think he must have been affected by his experiences in WW1 - as well as the wound (described as minor) his only brother was killed 1915. He was...
  3. H

Hello everyone, I have a relative - John Benjamin Hosford - and I've found out he was buried in Yardley cemetery in 1943. The details are: John Horsford (it's actually Hosford - someone's added an extra "r" which is a fairly common mistake), section E, grave 28238 ,buried Oct 27 1943. The...
Back