• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Heath

1. H

Bordesley Green Grammar Technical School

I left in 1975 and we were already merging with Cherrywood. Mr Richards was supposed to be my maths teacher but he spent all his time dealing with the morons from Cherrywood. Whilst waiting for him on one occasion we took all the wood screws out of the teachers desk using pennies and...
  2. H

David, When I read your post saying DH Jones was known as "The DH" I assumed it was due to the dual circumstance you described and not because of either one on it's own. I don't really have any memories of DH Jones but he looks so familiar I wonder if he was headmaster when I first arrived in...
  3. H

Hello David, I believe I have a couple of things to add.... Mr Jones - English, we called him Cod, possibly due to the green sheen of his greased back hair. Mr Richards - Maths, I'm sure we called him Dickie Richards, he was deputy head by 1975. Mr Williams (Bill) i wonder if he could have been...
  4. H

That's a great idea, labelling the photo's, David. I can see now who is who and realise that a lot of them were there when I started in 1970 but, although I remember their names and nicknames, many of them must have left in my first couple of years. Interesting to see three french teachers, all...
  5. H

Hello Hayward, What you describe echo's my own memories, I was there from 70-75 and was in the fourth or fifth when the school was renamed Arden school. The decline was rapid. Discipline became non existent due to the influence of some morons from Cherrywood Road. My maths teacher by this tiime...
Back