• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by hamill

1. H

St Gerards Hospital, Coleshill

Yes i was 17 in Nov.1963 and worked on wds. 7&8. Were you one of the patients on that ward ? I remember the older girls used to learn typing skills and did their typing to music.
  2. H

My name was Ethna Hamill & yes i was blonde. I didn't stay long at St.Gerards..can't remember how long... went to London. I remember Sheila Andrews & i can see lots of faces but can't put a name to them. Will have to find a photo taken with some patients & try to name them. I remember all the...
  3. H

I was a trainee nurse at St.Gerards early 1960's. Mother Catherine was in charge of the hospital. I remember Sr.Phillip, Sr.Beatrice ...can't put a name to the other nursing Sisters. Wards 7 & 8 were outside the hosp. way down a path & at 17 i was very scared alone on night duty. We lived in the...
Back