• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by gruchy

1. G

Josiah Mason's Orphanage

Thanks for the pic!
  2. G

Josiah Mason's Orphanage

This photo was in with the postcards of Josiah Mason's Orphanage. It has no names or dates. I was wondering if it could have anything to do with the Orphanage or school.
  3. G

Josiah Mason's Orphanage

I just received these postcards. Some of the photos I have seen before, I thought I would share as they are of good quality.
  4. G

Josiah Mason's Orphanage

How are these?
  5. G

Josiah Mason's Orphanage

Here is the school photo from 1936. Sorry about the quality. I had scanned it into three separate pics and enhanced it, but the files are too large to upload to this site.
  6. G

Josiah Mason's Orphanage

Hello, is it possible to post the photo? My father and his brothers were at SJMO around 1936 ( my dad was 9) to? They where John, Peter, Michael Gruchy.
  7. G

Josiah Mason's Orphanage

Its 2021, and yesterday I learned this was where my father and his two brothers lived around 1936 to early 40's? He never talk about where he grew up. My father died in 1991, so I can not ask, but thank you for sharing your memory, I now feel that a family home would have been better, but he was...
Back