• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by greatbarrlucy

1. G

Hands FANNY amarried to Charles James

Re: FANNY Hands amarried to Charles James I can't put Fanny in Priory Road......but will keep looking.........I have asked for the death certificate for Charles for 1888.......have a feeling its not him but we will see. The whole of my James history is a mystery around the 1880s. Thank...
  2. G

Doughty

Hi.......that's a thought........she had not remarried in 1901 but she was a housekeeper ........I will look into ...........thank you. I am new to the forum and its so nice to have other people "thinking outside the box".
  3. G

Birth records western road workhouse

Hi you may have found the birth certificate by now (I am knew to the forum).....but I asked the Birmingham Registry Office for a birth certificate for my Grandmother just giving her mothers name and what I thought was the fathers name, they called me and said they found the certificate but there...
  4. G

Doughty

My Great Great Grandmother Adelaide Doughty nee Bullock appears on the 1901 census not on the 1911 but there appears to be no death recorded in the BMD register for the whole of the Uk..........any ideas Perplexed
  5. G

Hands FANNY amarried to Charles James

I am looking for any information regarding Fanny (nee Hands) & Charles James - Fanny Hands born 1853 married Charles James born 1853 - 29th May 1871 they had one daughter Emma Elizabeth born 1876 at this time they were living at Frankfort Street .......Fanny's Dad was William Hands. I have...
Back