• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by grandaughter82

1. grandaughter82

Arthur Leeson Webb

Why would he have a British military service if the went to Canada as a Child. I've searched and I can't find anything but my search skills are not great. This man is very hard to find out about especially as my family sadly never knew anything about him. Thankfully this site and the lovely...
  2. grandaughter82

Arthur Leeson Webb

I did check them out and and noticed its a real organisation. I did leave a flower and my email. If it is a fake what would his angle be what would he be hoping to achieve? I'm very cautious with things like this. He's not asked for any personal details from me all he asks is he requires any...
  3. grandaughter82

Arthur Leeson Webb

I received this email this week If anyone could help find anything I would really appreciate it. Ive looked and cant find any military documents at all.
  4. grandaughter82

Warstone Lane Cemetery

Oh wow lovely pics. My great nan is in the catacombs I would love to have seen inside. Thanks for sharing.
  5. grandaughter82

West Minster Primary School Handsworth how do I search for a teacher

Hi! How do I go about looking for a teacher that worked in a Junior school my friend attended from 1989 to 1992. Westminster primary school. Stamford Road B20 3PN I doubt very much the teacher Mr Jones is still there (we dont know first name) but I will give the school a call regardless. Any...
  6. grandaughter82

Canning & Co & Electroplating

Just about to have read through this topic as I was given this today from my aunt about her dad.
  7. grandaughter82

High Street Aston

Thank you so much everyone this is brilliant.
  8. grandaughter82

Deciphering Handwriting

Oh wow brilliant. Thank you all. He spent the majority of his life in the royal marines as a sergeant by 1920 when he died it states he was working as a labourer in a factory living in Aston at 130 High Street which I think there was a factory near by.
  9. grandaughter82

Deciphering Handwriting

Hi everyone! I was very excited to receive this today any idea what my great grandad died of in the 1920s? I cant read a single word
  10. grandaughter82

High Street Aston

Just found out on my Great Grandads death certificate that he died in 130 High Street I always come on this forum straight away to read through all the posts about the roads I research to get a feel for them. Love this forum.
  11. grandaughter82

Arthur Leeson Webb

This Jennie Corrigan has me baffled really would like to find out who she was. I also came across that record on ancestry there isnt any record of her going back its all very stange.
  12. grandaughter82

Arthur Leeson Webb

Just checked wedding cert it states emily as spinster william is the widower.
  13. grandaughter82

Arthur Leeson Webb

William was christened in norfolk and never noticed the widowed part when she married Webb the plot thickens. Im sure I have hers and webbs marriage certificate will find out if it mentions widoen on there also. How did I miss this
  14. grandaughter82

Arthur Leeson Webb

Interesting pic.
  15. grandaughter82

Arthur Leeson Webb

Yeah if its the correct Arthur Ive found. I found this on the BHC website which names the ship and date. Further research I found the home he would of been sent to over in Canada. St George home wonder if they have any records.
Back