• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Graham

1. Graham

Roll of Honour WW1

Granddad John Sheldon embarked to France 100 years ago today 12 Augustus, never to return; RIP. https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=Sheldon&GSfn=John&GSbyrel=all&GSdy=1918&GSdyrel=in&GScntry=8&GSob=n&GRid=109601781&df=all&
  2. Graham

Tritiford park 1936

This is me on the left with cousins John Sheldon & Frederick Ford dregging for fish at Tritiford, about 1953.
  3. Graham

Roll of Honour WW1

My granddad John Sheldon born 6 Langley Green, Oldbury, was with the 1st bat KRR Reg N° 4581 embarked to France 12 Aug 1914 went missing in the field 8 Aug 1914 and died POW 23 Dec 1918. I'd love to find out where he was taken POW...
  4. Graham

R.I.P Dennis

My sincere condolences to all the family, RIP Dennis.
  5. Graham

Leamington Road SPARKBROOK

Grafton Grove is in red, Hastings shop on the left side of the entry at N° 64. We first lived at N° 58 Leamington Rd just 3 doors away from the shop, then we exchanged with Frederick's mom to 3/66 Grafton Grove.Sorry can't add photo!
  6. Graham

Salford Park Aston cycling

Lutz was a good friend of mine and he won gold in the 1km Road Time Trial, not in the sprint, at the Maccabi games.
  7. Graham

LEST WE FORGET

Granddad John Sheldon went missing 3rd Nov 1914 died at Parchim, Germany a POW 23rd December 1918 https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=Sheldon&GSfn=John&GSbyrel=all&GSdy=1918&GSdyrel=in&GScntry=8&GSob=n&GRid=109601781&df=all&
  8. Graham

Canals of Birmingham

https://www.birminghamconservationtrust.org/tag/canals/
  9. Graham

Birmingham Odeon

Bob Dylan complained that the stage was dirty, that was all the rubish that we threw at him before we walked out! See #4.
  10. Graham

Roll of Honour WW1

My granddad John Sheldon born at N° 6 Langley Green Road, Oldbury, on the 27th May 1882; served with the Kings Royal Rifle Corps. Embarked to France in 1914 and taken POW to Parchim camp, Germany, where he died on the 23rd Dec 1918. The grave is situated in Hamburg, Germany, POW who died at...
  11. Graham

Hop-picking

Thanks to cousins Rose & Pat! I re-posted you this link because I know you've only been on the forum for a short while; welcome and I hope you enjoy your stay among all the good people here, x.
  12. Graham

Postie's Move

Well done Jim and the team; good luck in your new home!
  13. Graham

Miles Street

My grandparents on mom's side, John Sheldon & Florence helen Butler, lived at N° 14 Beach Grove, Miles Street, where their youngest child, Beatrice Mary Jane Sheldon, died on the 11th June 1915 aged 11 months of convulsions. John Sheldon was at this time a POW in Germany.
  14. Graham

virus alert

I've looked through my other emails and notifications from this forum are the only ones I get with this warning and I see that 'keegs' gets the same warning.
  15. Graham

virus alert

When I get an email from this forum in my Hotmail account I always get this; Be careful! This sender failed our fraud detection checks.
Back