• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Graham Beddows

1. G

Barn Street Aston

I have just seen the photo from the link from Colin. I noticed the ducts/ shoots which appear on the fronts of the buildings. As a architect-surveyor I have studied buildings, and refurbished many from the 1900's but I haven't see this arrangement before. There seems to be a door at the bottom...
  2. G

Barn Street Aston

Thanks to every one who contributed to this thread, it's great to know so many indivduals join in and are able to help. I will save the photos with my family tree-history. Best wishes to all.
  3. G

Barn Street Aston

Hi Lyn Thanks for your interest and trying to locate photos. Although Barn Street is perhaps a small street and of little national importance, I guess someone may just have an odd photo, tucked away. GHraham
  4. G

Barn Street Aston

Hi Astoness, Thanks for your reply. The best I can trace is actually in what is digbeth, close to the dogs home. It also runs off Milk street. My Grandad lived in Barn Street and married a girl from milk street. Almost neighbours, I guess. These address get confusing as they seem to be often...
  5. G

Barn Street Aston

Memebers of my family during 1850 - 1890, lived in various house in Barn Street and what would haved been the back-back houses listed in census records as courts. I'm trying to find any old photographs of the the road or courts, can anyone help.
  6. G

Britannia Warwick Road

Hi Darthdc I guess the presents of a blacksmith, suggests horses and perhaps links some how to a farm
  7. G

Britannia Warwick Road

Hi All, The pub is close to the corner with Fox Hollies Road, which is the route my Dad use to take on his way from Small Heath to work at Lucas in Shaftmore Lane. He use to mention seeing cows being hearded up the road / lane. I don't know a date but it must have been somewhere between...
Back