• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by gr1226

1. G

Dorrington

I have sent you a message.
  2. G

Dorrington

3. G

W H Edmonds GROCER 353 Coventry Road

*Basford, Nottingham
  4. G

I tell you why I was interested... Billy Edmonds was the first honorary sec and club captain for Small Heath Alliance (now Birmingham City) between 1875-1876. He left Birmingham in 1884 to set up business in Bradford, Nottingham after a family death. To be honest I would have probably paid...
  5. G

Just out of curiosity how much did they go for?
  6. G

Harper family

George Harper did play for Small Heath (Now Birmingham City) I may have a photo! Do you know where he died? Thanks
  7. G

Great tokens..would you sell one?
  8. G

Dorrington

Do you have any images of Jack who played football? I have one but not the best, also he's in his later years. I am collecting photos of old Small Heath players.
  9. G

Nechells Park Road

Hi @Em1906 Is this Albert Stanley who dies on 18th Jan 1928? If so please DM me as I have some information on him.
  10. G

Grandpa Jack

Hi Ann, What was your grand father's name? I have a huge database of footballers in the Midlands and local teams dating back to their formations, and in particular have line-up's for Small Heath alliance (for my sins!)
  11. G

Grandpa Jack

I found a John Henry Burton (poss related given the same surname) who played for Aston Unity Football Club then joined Aston Villa. Although Aston Unity are still a well know cricket club they also had one of the first football teams in Birmingham which ran from 1867 to 1908. They also...
  12. G

Old Bartley Green Police Station

The map above appears to be Frankley! The Bartley Green Police station I recall in mid 90s was more of an "outstation" which was situated at the bottom floor of the flats not far from the neighbourhood office / sennleys park. When these got demolished they moved to Monmouth Rd for a brief time...
  13. G

Birmingham City first home game at St Andrews 1906

You still got this? What's the condition?
Back