• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by gothic terrace

1. G

Clifton Road Aston

Hi,I use to live in gothic terraces and knew Tony Bullock and Margaret Gibson.We lived at no 4.We were the Thompson family (Johnny, Margaret ,Billy and Doris. This is back in the fifties.I found a book called "Aston Remembered" by Victor J Price ,which includes a picture of the sweet shop...
  2. G

Birmingham Nightclubs of the Past - Memories

I think I was there that same night,unless that was the "norm" for that particular actor.
  3. G

Bull Ring 1960s - 1980s

I worked in the bullring from 1965-69 and would appreciate if anyone got any photos of the grand parade and centre court.
  4. G

Birmingham Nightclubs of the Past - Memories

Was the night club over the sliver blades called "heart beat" club.
  5. G

Clifton Road Aston

Hi Judy ,you're right ,the houses on the left of the terrace had small kitchens .the staircase was in the main and only living room ,tucked up the corner.This meant you had one very small and one normal size bedroom .As you can imagine the landing was just a small square space.It was most of the...
  6. G

Clifton Road Aston

Hi Judy ,the map Mike gave you is the also the same as the one I put in the forum a few moths back .You are looking at 25 court and each little square represents a house and front garden .So you can count the squares to find the house you're family lived.There were also two houses at the top...
  7. G

Clifton Road Aston

Hi Judy,I will try my best to describe gothic terrace.it was known as a blind back to back ,meaning it had no court yard.Imagine a wide path running down the centre and 7 houses each side with small front gardens.The houses were known has two up ,two down.You walk straight into the kitchen area...
  8. G

Clifton Road Aston

Hi Jayell,gothic terrace here .As you can guess from my name ,I lived at 4 gothic terrace between 1947-1957. I know the lay out of all the houses on the street plan and can remember just a few names.I myself have found memories of my childhood spent playing in the street
  9. G

Upper Thomas Street School Aston

Hi just checked back on this forum and a " baron" mentioned back in June 2006 that he lived in tower rd where ther was a Mission hall ,and was used as an annex for upper Thomas street.
  10. G

Upper Thomas Street School Aston

Does anyone rember the annex for upper Thomas street school. It was in Tower street ithnk
  11. G

Bull Ring 1960s - 1980s

Great pictures,I sat facing the church today ,eating a burger wondering "what was here before"
  12. G

Bull Ring Shops

Yeah youre right ,it was the first menswear shop at its time that sold up to date clothes.I think there was another modern mens wear shop in bull street.The record shop was part of the John Menizes group(that just came to me after you told me the name Fenton) Thanks for the info Gothic terrace
  13. G

Bull Ring 1960s - 1980s

Yeah youre right ,it was the first menswear shop at its time that sold up to date clothes.I think there was another modern mens wear shop in bull street.The record shop was part of the John Menizes group(that just came to me after you told me the name Fenton) Thanks for the info Gothic terrace
  14. G

Bull Ring Shops

Does anyone rember the name of the record shop on grand parade in the bull ring .Ithink it was next door to the first modern menswear shop (which ive also complete forgot ! gothic terrace
  15. G

Bull Ring 1960s - 1980s

Does anyone rember the name of the record shop on grand parade in the bull ring .Ithink it was next door to the first modern menswear shop (which ive also complete forgot ! gothic terrace
Back