• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by GoldenOldie

1. G

Anderton

Hi No, I don't have any photo's, it appears they were either camera shy or just didn't have enough money to buy a camera and take photo's, I would think more a lack of money. Which is a shame.
  2. G

John Anderton

Bigboy Do you use Ancestry as well or just read the posts from 2014? Michael-JourneymanBrummie & Charlie were kind enough to help and traced the records for me. John was my grandfather, any info you want about the Anderton's just let me know and i'll do my best to help you out. By the way, if...
  3. G

John Anderton

Michael DOH me! For month's I had been searching the military lists on ancestry without checking the 'absent' voters list. Thanks for that tip i'll try and remember to look that up if I should have any more rellies in WW1 to look up. ps I checked National Archives earlier to see if they...
  4. G

John Anderton

Bewdley Title: spanner in the works. By the way, my grandads accident which caused his death in 1929 at the BSA, was literally caused by a spanner falling into a machine he had just repaired and caused the machine to explode, sending pieces of it flying out. A piece hit his skull causing the...
  5. G

John Anderton

Bewdley Thanks for the info. It was only John's WW1 record that I couldn't locate as I didn't have a regiment number for him although I'm still looking for papers which tells me when he actually signed up. I have copies of birth, marriage (1st and 2nd) and death certs including a copy of his...
  6. G

John Anderton

Have copied the records you attached on your reply Michael. Where do I find these records and if he was attached to Royal Staffs or Warwickshire?
  7. G

John Anderton

That's him!!! Eversley Road whooppeeeeee Thank you so much Journeyman Brummie or can I call you Michael too? I haven't been able to find a thing in months, and someone finds him in 5 days!
  8. G

John Anderton

Hi Viv Joseph could be another Anderton family branch, possibly from Sheldon. I notice this one also served down south in another regiment. Definitely, liked to 'get stuck in'
  9. G

John Anderton

Hello Charlie, we do have a Joseph so might be worth keeping a note. I've messaged a couple of contacts on Ancestry, but unfortunately they don't have access to WW1 records either. I don't mind paying for a record if it's genuine and the person you are looking for. With the fire and...
  10. G

Anderton

You, me and Charlie are related then! Cool! Are you Bignell on Ancestry? With John Anderton and Elizabeth being my great grandparents, I haven't done much on Beatrice and Frederick. Incidentally, wasn't Beatrice a "Jane Beatrice?" Some records use Jane Beatrice and others Beatrice.
  11. G

Anderton

Yo! lol Thought I'd log in and have a desmond. I don't log in much, so make the most of me while you can
  12. G

Anderton

Hi I logged in to see the thread, I am the 'friend' Charlie mentioned. Me mother's an Anderton before she married. My Ancestry tree goes a little further back than 1700. Recently trying to find a connection between the Tanworth and Ratley & Radway/Burton Dassett Anderton's, I believe the...
  13. G

THE GOLDEN ARROW OLTON

Having just joined this website i was curious about the Golden Arrow and even if this thread is old i thought i'd like to comment on. The gaffer at the Golden Arrow i believe in late 60's early 70's was a man called Fewkes not Foulkes? He also owned property locally, i had the displeasure to...
Back