• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Glennys Jean

1. G

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2024

A happy New Year to all my old friendships & contacts. Thks for so much for the hard work that you do on here.
  2. G

W Wort, photographer, Oscott

3. G

W Wort, photographer, Oscott

Maybe this can help; both photos are in Sutton Park, I'm not sure what was the top one with the man and donkey, but underneath is the White House in Jan 1941 in the Holyhurst wooded enclosure near the Crystal Palace.
  4. G

Help pls. Parents of Matthew Foden b1823

Thks MWS, First I see I made a blooper, I should have said I was looking for the parents of Matthew Foden 1823-1868 and not of John his son!!! I'd like to link up the children of John Foden 1847-1911 (census 1881) with the Foden family descendants of Caleb This is an old wish of CHRIS M and...
  5. G

Help pls. Parents of Matthew Foden b1823

Hi everyone! I'm trying to find any possible link between 2 Foden families in the Erdington / Sutton Coldfield area. 1) Caleb Foden 1805 - 1885 with sons Willliam 1830-1885, George 1834-1904, Henry 1836-1872, John 1838-1910, Charles 1842-1908, daughters Emma 1840- 1896, Harriet 1844-1896 2)...
  6. G

Special constables Streetly WW1

Chris, have loved re-reading this thread and you bringing your memories back to life.
  7. G

A Strange Coincidence - Two trees, two graves and a missing mobile phone! Surname Hockley

If there were no bodies in the two graves, they could certainly be memorial graves as you suggest and which explains why the trees were planted in the middle.
  8. G

Children of William Foden

Super detective work Peter and quick with it!
  9. G

What about these: Linnaeus James Middleton 1882 son of Mary & William Middleton1856 Aston Linnaeus Middleton 1867 son of Emma Cutler & William Middleton 1831 aston Linnaeus Middleton 1893-1916 son of Linnaeus 1867 Linnaeus William Cutler1897 son of Linnaeus Charles 1875
  10. G

It could certainly have been adopted from Carl Linnaeus 1707-1778, as his work was well known in Europe; Have you made any research into when it was introduced into the Birmingham region, and found perhaps the earliest mention of it in the Erdington area? May have been thru the Cutlers - who knows?
  11. G

Where do you fit in Peter? Who is your direct line ?
  12. G

Quite agree Peter W Middleton !
  13. G

Rose Cottage - Help Please.

Has any of the info on this thread been useful to Lady Penelope ?
  14. G

Yeah ! and staying in line with the thread Viv ... (McDonalds buildings !):D
  15. G

Jane apparently remained single all her life ! Her father was a wheelwright, born Huddlesford, Lichfield. Her widowed brother Francis, who lives with her in 1881, was in 1861, a farmer of 60 acres in Whittingham, district Lichfield, employing 1 man & 1 boy. in 1891, He is a retired...
Back