• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Getting Older

1. G

The Bell Inn

I have that picture Not my description.
  2. G

Old street pics..

The bridge is still there.
  3. G

The Bell Inn

No Mention Of The Dukes Here ?
  4. G

Northfield Workhouse

This is it 1908
  5. G

Northfield Workhouse

6. G

Before it was tesco in Bullring

Re: before tescos Hello I have lived in Northfield a long Time Joe Packer was the manager of the Northfield store in 1973 he was indeed amazing personality and all around good guy. Also Tesco the beehive was a really big amazing short lived store.
  7. G

Tascos Co-op

This building with the hearses is Pershore road Stirchley site.
  8. G

Tascos Co-op

Its Pershore road Stirchley Tascos original site Buildings are still there.
  9. G

Courtyards and yards of brum

The big wall ? Maybe Winson Green ?
  10. G

Pubs Of The Past

Travellers and Bell demolished but George is up for sale again.
  11. G

The Bell Inn

looking at old photos the first bell inn and the second were still standing together for a long time however the third is in exactley the same place as the second WAS ,on the corner oppostte Huins corner, I say is as it aint the dive of a pub it was, its now shops same building though even got a...
  12. G

Birmingham buses

They lit up on the bus in those days
  13. G

The ring and ride.

60p per journey for pass holders from 1st of April 2011, thats £1-20 there and back. Its a shame they have to start charging, but for many people this service is a lifeline. it seems the majority of passengers when questioned prefered the payment to a reduction in service. I have just had my...
  14. G

Where is This?

Its still there today
  15. G

Where is this ? Garages # 4

yep heres another twist from the northfield forum whens this photo took
Back