• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by GER22VAN

1. G

Birmingham streets named after people

Kellet road was Coleman Street back in the 1950,s ?
  2. G

Buildings at risk

Is bloomsbury library still in need of repair ? Have not been to Birmingham for several years now.
  3. G

Primrose Hill - Aston

Phil You have explained it perfectly.
  4. G

Primrose Hill, Birmingham 1850's

I think Primrose Hill was at the top of Avenue Road, on very early maps.
  5. G

Gosta Green Through Duddeston

Phil I feel just the same as you, I just hope I can contribute more to it.
  6. G

Things We Sent Off For

I think if Pete to see his thread today he would be very pleased with it.
  7. G

Old nelson gt lister st/rupert st

Phil Tried to send you a PM but I did something wrong I shall try again tomorrow. Take Care Phil.
  8. G

Astoness, I have fond memories of my childhood in this area. Thank you for helping me to remember.
  9. G

Thank You for posting it, I remember it from the 1940's to 1950's. I used the Outdoor ( Off Sales ) to buy my crisps Walkers I Think and round the back in Rupert Street for a drink with Mum.
  10. G

Items that have faded away

The Incredible Hulk.
  11. G

Birmingham weddings of the past

Is it our Vernon Scripps care of Heartbeat ?
  12. G

Clayton Alfred Frederick(1859 - 1916) Carpenter/Hosier/Stocking Knitter Help Please.

Re: Help Please. Alfred Frederick Clayton(1859 - 1916) Carpenter/Hosier/Stocking Knit Clayton family in Heneage Street in the 1950's.
  13. G

Old street pics..

I knew it as NEWTOWN ROW.
Back