• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by GazSutton

1. G

Tramp...

We seem to remember this chap had quite a mass of hair and a big beard....and wore a brown/green Mac..
  2. G

Tramp...

Not sure where to put this thread...a mate and myself were chatting, and we both remember a tramp that use to wonder the city centre in the 70's.....my mate seems to think he had some history in the British army...anyone have any knowledge?
  3. G

Rocky Lane Perry Barr

I know your brother David.....
  4. G

Find my old motorbike honda xl250 motorsport reg. Oha 502m 1973.

I might be wrong but it looks to me that it was scrapped sometime after 1983... Or it could be in someones garage or barn..
  5. G

Florist * Summer Lane * 1946 - 1964

I seem to have come to a 'dead end' with trying to find information about my nan and her shop..
  6. G

Troman - Wheeler Street 1950's..

Thank you very much....James W senior Troman was my grandad, Amy Troman was my nan, James W junior Troman was my dad and Edna Troman was my mom.
  7. G

Summer Lane

Anyone know or have any information about the Florist at 125 Summer Lane?
  8. G

Troman - Wheeler Street 1950's..

Im trying to find out where my family lived in the 50/60s..I know they lived in Wheeler Street but how can I find out the house number and who lived there? Cheers.
  9. G

Where did you live

I lived in Handsworth Wood - Greenridge Road, and know Acfold Road and Camplin Crescent very well...what years did you live there?
  10. G

Lea Hall Handsworth

Re: Lea Hall - Perry Barr I use to be a member of this club I the 70/80s, wonderful old building and brilliant snooker room...
  11. G

Perry Barr Shopping Precinct 1960-9, Lynton Sq

I did the Rugley and District Motoring Club's 'NightHawk Rally' on 5/6th April 1986.
  12. G

Teen Culture

Sorry I was to young for mods, but I was a Skinhead in 69...
  13. G

Kingstanding

I still have relatives that live in Warren Road..
  14. G

Summer Lane - Troman

I cannot thank you all enough for the information above especially the 'ladylinda' post thats answers some(a lot) of my questions.. For instance I always knew my Grandad as Bob Troman, not knowing his reall name was James William(snr). Alan(Astonian), Edna Wills was my mother(married to James...
  15. G

Summer Lane - Troman

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you too.. Thank you for the information... If it was my nan and grandad, they had sons and a daughter(my uncles and aunts):-Hilary,Bob(James William(jnr), Stanley, Darrel and Keith.
Back