• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by GazC

1. G

Holte Road.

Hi, I lived in Yew Tree up to the age of 19, other names in that area I can remember: Neil Cooper, David Stokes, Ian Wolverson (was at King Edwards with him), Trevor Reece (now Doctor Trev), John Gorman, the Lewises, Pat Finch, Mrs Douerty (? She ran a club book to buy "stuff" from), Steve...
  2. G

Holte Road.

Just found this thread, I lived in Yew Tree Rd, and some of my friends from Holte Rd were Brendan Casey, Graham Eynon, Roger Schuck, Carol Turnbull and a few others who's names escape me at the mo. I also remember Mrs Nev and the single ciggies. Glad I found this, brought back a few memories.
  3. G

GEC WITTON WORKS

I found this from my fathers time at GEC / PP. His name was Horace Cane and I believe he worked in Small Motors (?) This booklet is interesting for GEC people with items like photos and write up of the various Sports Club secretaries. I will scan an post more pages.
  4. G

British Plasticons

Thanks Mike, gives me the exact location now. Cheers
  5. G

British Plasticons

I'm trying to find references to a factory called British Plasticons, I believe was in Summer Lane. Should have been there around the 1960's.
  6. G

Woodward

Hi Bren, Dennis was born 28th Oct 1921 and my wife - Marie - 4th Dec 1955. Dennis had a brother Arthur and sister Florence, there were others, but we don't know their names. A potted history: Dennis married Margaret Mudie Chidren: - Marie - Pamela - Michael - Stephen - Janet -...
  7. G

Woodward

My wife Marie (nee Woodward) has ancestors from Cattell Road, her father was Dennis and can remember an uncle Arthur who lived in Cattell Rd in the 60's. Unfortunately, Dennis was not very forthcoming about his family, but did say his mother died in the 20's and his father re-married, She would...
Back