• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by G T Harding

1. G

Gravelly Hill - Slade Road / The Slade

Hi Smudger, I have not been on here for some time so only just seen your post. It,s possible you do know me ,I used to go to the park alot on the boats and get pie and chips from Sugdens ? at the corner of Doidge road before the owners went to Cornwall. As you say the old brain ain't what it use...
  2. G

Slade Road Service Garage

Hi Zambodini,I wonder if you have the wrong garage ,the young boy in the picture is the son of Harry Bonner who owned and ran with his brothers ,Slade Road Garage,Slade Road ,opposite the prefabs not Stockland garage at Stockland Green ,who ran a fleet of coaches . Graham
  3. G

Slade Road Service Garage

Hi Ray, the young lad was Steven Bonner. Graham
  4. G

York Road Kings Heath

Cheers Colin, I thought by now it would have been pulled down, I remember going there when I was still a infant Graham
  5. G

York Road Kings Heath

My Grandparents, whose name was Briscoe, had a shop in York Road which sold all types of items from paraffin to sweets. This would have been in the late 40s, does any one remember them? Regards Graham
  6. G

Eric, In the bad winters when it snowed,especially in 1947, because the milkman or baker could not get their horse and carts up hillside or chartley roads ,us kids used to load up our sledges and do the deliveries for which we were all given a bottle and a loaf, happy memories are now coming...
  7. G

hi James, No idea what was there before but my house backed onto the G. E .C. grounds which had woods ,old air raid shelters ,a stream, rugby pitch,a big sports field in front of the Magnet club and a rubbish tip ( I built 16 bikes from bits and pieces off the tip) where I used to play...
  8. G

Hi Eric, I used to live in Kegworth road until 1960. I to remember the trams and seeing the last one all lit up on the way to the city centre also I remember as a young boy when it had snowned ,all the kids used to go down Hillside Road on sledges and although we put ashes at the bottom,one...
  9. G

Hi James, I lived at No 17 Kegworth from when I was born in 1941 till 1960 when I moved to Portsmouth. Graham
  10. G

Hi Mike, The names Graham but sorry but I don't recognize your name. I used to go around in a gang with Christine Price ( father had the butchers shop in George Road) , George Watts, Keith Newman etc and get fish and chips at (I think the name was Sugdens ) the old grey matter is not like it...
  11. G

Tried clicking twice but still no joy
  12. G

Hi Dave ,Having trouble trying to enlarge picture but with the help of a magnifying glass .I think I'm standing on the right of the female ,looking at the picture (left hand side of lady) who might have been Doreen who worked the forecourt , the small boy could be Steven ,Harry Bonner's son with...
  13. G

Yes I would like to make contact with Ray.
  14. G

When I left ,Harry and his family had moved to Falmouth where I believe he opened a shop selling boat accessories and Harry's brother Norman had taken over. Graham
  15. G

Yes this is the garage
Back