• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by G.S.Molyneux

1. G

Pubs Of The Past

@Shortie's post 10th January 2012 ref 277. the Endwood Pub was known as Church Hill House and became the home of William Henry Muntz, (1824-1871) the second son of G.F. Muntz M.P., who was living nearby at Lea Hall. He had married at Handsworth, Alice Parker, (1828-1897) the second daughter of...
  2. G

Muntz George Frederick (1794-1857)

@Webster, I will have to look that up in the family papers, which will have that info, that may take some time, but don't worry!.
  3. G

G.F. Muntz built Ley now called Lea Hall, near Perry Bar, but it was his youngest son P.A. Muntz M.P., who built Dunsmore in 1881 and bred the world famous Dunsmore stud of shire horses. The house is on the market again, however the estate was sold by my grandfather who died circa 1922. He was...
  4. G

There was a medallion struck with this inscription on the reverse, " An Honest Man A Sincere Reformer A Faithful Friend. Represented Birmingham from 1840 until his death".
  5. G

There was a medallion struck with this inscription on the reverse, " An Honest Man A Sincere Reformer A Faithful Friend. Represented Birmingham from 1840 until his death".
  6. G

G.F. Muntz M.P. for Birmingham was my gt.gt. grandfather. His metal was patented as well as the nails used. My grandmother told me that the metal was discovered by chance, because the foreman was drunk when mixing the metal and put in the wrong mix. When Prince Albert visited the copper works...
Back