• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by G G Jean

1. G G Jean

Watery Lane

Will go and find it for you Sheri. x This is Harry with his mom and dad Sheri. xx
  2. G G Jean

Watery Lane

Hi Sheri I posted the photo for you. xx
  3. G G Jean

The Onion Fair

Pete took that one Smudger!!. I have to downsize mine as it won't attach.
  4. G G Jean

The Onion Fair

This is my replica Barrell organ that actually plays music.
  5. G G Jean

The Onion Fair

I have taken a photo of it but will have to reduce it in size. Thanks for the link Radiorails.
  6. G G Jean

The Onion Fair

Yes I think so?. Were they Dutch do you know?.
  7. G G Jean

The Onion Fair

Fantastic photo Rob. Do you remember the Barrel Organ?. I have a replica my dad bought and it actually plays music. Will take a photo and post it tomorrow sometime.
  8. G G Jean

The Onion Fair

Hi Raz and welcome. Living in Holte road I used to hang out of the back bedroom window and watch and smell the fair from there after ten o'clock.
  9. G G Jean

The Onion Fair

This is my dad looking at what I think was Goliath.
  10. G G Jean

Tastes Of The Past

Pete said his dad always drank the cabbage water and said it was full of iron Lyn.
  11. G G Jean

Westminster Infant/Junior School

My late sister in law Janet Farrell worked there.
  12. G G Jean

The Kingstanding

Most of the shops on the circle are now boarded up and the sooner they demolish the precinct the better as it is like a ghost town. The pub has no roof due to a fire and should be demolished ASAP.
  13. G G Jean

RIP PHIL

RIP Phil you always had us guessing with those Birmingham photo's. You will be sadly missed by all on the forum.
  14. G G Jean

In the Garden 2020

Just a few strawbs picked this year from last years plants that survived the mild winter.
  15. G G Jean

In the Garden 2020

What a beauty Maurice.