• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by fudge

1. F

Joseph Turner

thank you, I will look into that.
  2. F

Joseph Turner

Hi Brummie NIck, yes, that seems to be him. thanks ever so much,
  3. F

Joseph Turner

Hello, I am researching an ancestor by the name of Joseph Turner, born in 1815 in Birmingham. He married Anne Evans in St. Martin's Church, Birmingham on December 23, 1833. Witnesses were Richard and Margaret Gill. The last information I have of him is from the 1851 census. His family were...
  4. F

Stringer Family

if it was clergy based, any idea where I would start looking? any good websites to browse, anywhere to e-mail for inquiries? thanks so much!
  5. F

Stringer Family

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has had any luck looking up small pox vaccination records from 1862 onwards. Small pox vaccinations became mandatory in 1853 and they started keeping records in 1862. I am interested in finding them for my g-great-grandmother to obtain more information on her. I...
  6. F

FRANK STRINGER - fancy pearl worker

Hi Aine, Frank and Thomas's parents were John and Ann Stringer. According to my mother's Aunt Annie, they had as many as 21 children, but only 8 survived. They were Sarah (b. 1848/49); Emily born 31st August, 1850; John (1852), Henry (1855); Frank (1857/58); Elizabeth (b. 1860); Thomas (b. 1862)...
  7. F

Hi aine; wow! Nice to hear from you. Do you know when your grandparents were married? Your grandfather would have been my grandmother's cousin. Looking forward to learning more about the Stringers. Fudge
  8. F

Hi Louise, thanks for your info, I'll definitely look into that. Sounds very interesting, fudge
  9. F

Hi Mike, I believe the street was Charles Henry, sorry for that omission. Also, would Harold H. Stringer not have been list as living at 60 Church Road before 1950 if he was not of voting age? I'm trying to figure out how he and Amy and Frank Stringer Jr. were related - it seems obvious that...
  10. F

I'm wondering if any members have any information about this trade as I really don't know anything about it. Also, as I'm not from Birmingham, I would like to know more about these areas of the city. Frank Stringer was my mother's great-uncle. He was a tortoiseshell, pearl and ivory craftsman...
  11. F

Stringer's Miller Street

Hi 33Bus - my two great-uncles owned Stringer's; they were Jack (John) Stringer and Joe (Ernest) Stringer.When did your relatives work at Stringer's. I would love to hear more about it. cheers, fudge
  12. F

Stringer's Miller Street

Hi Mikejee, I just read your post about Stringer Bros. & Matty Ltd.; one of my ancestor's was John (Jack) Stringer who started up that company with his brother Joe and a colleague, Matty (surname unknown). Do you know anything else about this business, as I know very little. Or do you know how I...
  13. F

STRINGER family in Warwickshire

Hi Ellie, It's possible there is a connection. Do you know what occupation Thomas Stringer had? It should say on the marriage certificate? I put in a request on this forum to look up John Stringer in the 1841 census, and someone got back to me within the hour. If you don't have access to any of...
  14. F

STRINGER family in Warwickshire

Hi, what year did your Hannah Stringer marry Mr. Cooper? I'll see if our Stringers connect. Have you found Hannah Stringer on the 1841 census? :)
  15. F

Frank Stringer

thanks mikejee, I think I have it straight now. John Stringer resided on Charles Henry Street, but his business was on New Charles Street. Was there a name for his business? thanks for your help. definitely keeping my neophyte moniker for now, still lots to learn. overwhelmed by all that is on...
Back