• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by frog

1. F

MEM Tyseley

Hi,my name is Graham French,we moved to the Boulevard when I was 4. I went to Yarnfield and to Formans road which I left in 1960.I married Jenny Timms from Reddings Lane in 1967 and we moved to Cole Vally Road Hall Green. What are your names,it sounds like we must know each other. Frog
  2. F

MEM Tyseley

Hi,I too have many happy memories of playing outside M.E.M.I lived on the Boulevard from 1949 until 1967,when I got married.I particularly remember during the M.E.M annual holiday shutdown when,frequently, the water main would explode and the resultant chaos would make a fantastic...
  3. F

Alex Hoopers Dance Hall. Stratford Road Sparkhill

Re: Alex Hooprers DanceHall. Stratford Road Sparkhill Hi,I think Ann was in my class at Formans road school.Small world.
  4. F

Alex's was always our favourite,I also used to get my hair cut at Shirley and David.Barry used to cut my hair,he,eventually,got his own place in Hall Green,where I also used to go.Now I live in France I think they cut hair here with a scythe,not good.Frog
  5. F

Re: Alex Hooprers DanceHall. Stratford Road Sparkhill Yes,I think I remember Ann,did she have a friend,I think her name was Jesse Colclough.? They all went to Formans Road school.They may hae had a joint friend called June.? Frog
  6. F

Re: Alex Hooprers DanceHall. Stratford Road Sparkhill I think it was about 1966 when we stopped going to Alex's.From around 1960 we used Alex's on Friday and Saturdays,the Ritz,Kings Heath,on Sundays,the Locarno,(Key Club),Wednesday we used the Star and Thursday,The Springfield club.We did...
  7. F

Re: Alex Hooprers DanceHall. Stratford Road Sparkhill I remember Alex's fondly,our mob used to go Fridays and Saturdays and Danny King was a big favourite.I understand he is still making music.I met my wife of 47 years there. Frog
Back