• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Franny

1. Franny

Finney Presses Berkeley Street

Thank you.
  2. Franny

Thank you .Ted remembers Trevor Jones, and the Lancashire hotpot!!
  3. Franny

My husband did his apprenticeship at Finney Presses in Berkeley Street off Broad Street 1946-1951. He would love to know what happened to them? Thanks
  4. Franny

Can This Be Made Any Clearer Please

I meant where is the park!! The people have Birmingham and Worcester connections. Thanks
  5. Franny

Brilliant. Now tell me where it is!!
  6. Franny

How did you do that? Photoshop ?
  7. Franny

Wow , thanks
  8. Franny

Thank you that's looking great now
  9. Franny

Does Anyone Recognise The Park?

Thanks for that Alan. That's all a bit early for him though, as he started at the shop in 1901 and died in 1929. Photo must have been mid-late twenties. We reckon the white gloves belonged to the photographer as there is a camera case with them. I have a second picture taken at the same time...
  10. Franny

Actually, he and his family had a Newsagents shop at 211 Moseley Road. His name is Edward Cook Gibbs. I was getting confused with another family member, also an old man with a white moustache who did live in Edgbaston!
  11. Franny

Oh right thanks. plan B then!
  12. Franny

Yes I agree, but we have sussed out that it is possibly Highgate Park. Thanks
  13. Franny

Is This Photo A Birmingham Canal?

I think they are William Mace Jeynes 1860-1926 and Jane Jeynes nee Snape 1860-1925. William was born in Birmingham but his mother was from Upton. Thank you very much for that info, our daughter lived in St Johns as a student. Yes, in 1901 and 1911 they lived in Summer Road Edgbaston.
  14. Franny

Thank you. Wondering how they got there with a wheelchair from Edgbaston! Train? There was a car in the family, an Austin Clifton tourer I believe from another thread.
  15. Franny

City side I think matching the buildings on the 1921 photo
Back