• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by foy9999

1. foy9999

2166 Coventry Road Sheldon

This is slightly unbelievable but I just phoned Bob's Affordable Classics and a very nice lady answered. I asked to speak to Bob and she said he passed away last week :( So, after decades of searching, and nearly making contact with previous owners twice this year have been too late again...
  2. foy9999

Wow. I'm gobsmacked by this :oops:o_O:D Not sure if I mentioned above but I was very very close to contacting a previous owner (who had pictures of classic cars on his facebook page) and after years of trying I managed to get a contact who told me he'd left the UK hat week to live abroad and...
  3. foy9999

Another interesting reply. Thanks Ann I can't help laughing about the line above tho :blush: It is a pity I can't trace the real Adams family (1 'd') as they might have some pics of my car :(
  4. foy9999

very interesting Arthur. amazing the amount of info you can still get. There seems to be a lot of different surnames at that one address :neutral:
  5. foy9999

Hillman Imp pick-up Coventry Road early 80s

Yes I wrote all that many years ago. Pre-internet. When the www arrived I typed it all back out again for the Blog but didn't imagine that anyone who owned the car would still be a live or online. This week I discovered one of the owners is leaving UK for good and all his possessions have been...
  6. foy9999

That's fantastic AnnS :D Does make sense if the address was in a shopping centre and yes the little pick-up may have even been used for deliveries. Actually the 1st person who owned it lived in a big house and said she used it for carting around gardening stuff and shrubs. I have...
  7. foy9999

Thanks for that Janice. Oh well looks like the trail has run dry but it was still interesting and I can imagine my Imp was parked round the back of those shops. maybe when it's back on the road I can go there in it and see if anyone remembers it
  8. foy9999

wow. that's an amazing amount of details you have found Janice. The period isn't really that much prior to my point of interest. 15 years isn't that much in the scheme of things but the elusive Mr Adams seems to be hard to find ;)
  9. foy9999

Yip there are a lot of flats above those shops. Maybe where I went wrong was the flats would have perhaps had different numbering from the shops: like 2166A, 2168C etc etc or even 'flat above 2166'
  10. foy9999

Thanks Robert. Looking at Google Maps 2166 nowadays seems to be where The Coventry & Marie Curie shops are. However there are flats right on top which look like they've been there since the shops were built so I guess that's where he lived 2166 Coventry Road nowadays
  11. foy9999

Yes that's possible but Mr Adams had written to the person from that address (in 1981) and they replied to same address so it must've been occupied at that time. I didn't try till 1988 right enough so it could have closed or changed hands in the 7 years between. Hopefully someone will remember
  12. foy9999

very interesting. Thank you. So that list shows all the businesses in the street and 2166 not listed so it was probably a home stuck between a furniture shop and a corn merchant. I didn't realise things like that existed. :)
  13. foy9999

Hi folks. Can anyone tell me if there were residential addresses here? (in the 80s perhaps) I'm trying to locate someone who owned an old car I own and in amongst the paperwork I have a letter addressed to Mr R Adams 2166 Coventry Road Sheldon Birmingham 26 I wrote to the address many years...
  14. foy9999

Thanks very much for your reply Janice. Ah so if there were flats above the shops it's possible there were residential addresses there in the 80s
  15. foy9999

That's very helpful. Thank you. It may explain why after all those years there was no reply to my letter. Perhaps Mr Adam had a small shop there in the early 80s Thanks. Graham
Back