• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by forever young

1. F

Phillips Street Aston

Hi everyone I recall being at the Talford Arms at some stage during 1963. Does anyone remember the name of the landlord? Regards, Ivy
  2. F

Sanitorium Yardley Rd.

Hi there to all who have contributed I've just found an old photo taken around 1962 at Yardley Green Sanatorium with myself (right) and Noreena (left). If anyone recognises her I'd love to hear. Regards, Ivy
  3. F

Queens Road Aston (not Erdington)

Hi everyone I've been reading with interest the replies to the Queens Road thread. Is it possible anyone can help me locate the name of a pub in the Queens Road area. Back in 1962 I had a friend whose father was the licensee of a pub around there. To visit the place I travelled north by bus...
  4. F

Sanitorium Yardley Rd.

Hi Pat This is a late reply to a question you asked on your last entry on the forum. When I went into G ward (side ward) in Feburary 1962 there were only two other girls there. One went home the following day. I can't remember her name I was too sick at the time. I was put next to the other...
  5. F

Sanitorium Yardley Rd.

Hello Pat Thank you for recalling some names and memories I'd forgotten. We must have missed each other by only a few months, I was there from Feb '62 until December '62. And again a few months later for another 3 months. The girl on the spinal plaster bed next to me was named Linda, she was...
  6. F

Uniforms of WW1

Hello Terry My grandfathers name was Albert Charles Tomlinson. I'd like to say a big 'Thank you' to all of you for your replies and useful information received. Regards Forever young
  7. F

Uniforms of WW1

I realise that there's not much to go on, but can anyone identify the uniform or regiment in this photo? The shape of the cap badge may be the only thing to go by. The photo is of my grandfather and was taken around 1915. He was born and lived in Birmingham all his life. I've tried...
  8. F

Henley Street/South Road, Sparkbrook

Hi ULUZ Seeing the picture of your house takes me back a while. I was born in 1948 at number 64 which must have been just across the road. It was my grandparents house. It was a pair of semi-detached next door to a yard of some sort. We moved to Mole Street, Sparkbrook in 1953 but I spent a...
  9. F

Many thanks to all of you who have replied to my questions. uluz, I see you lived close to the bridge also, do you perhaps remember the Tomlinson family? I recall the name 'Moffat' but can't place it. Where were they? Regards, Forever young
  10. F

I have read with interest some of the recent posts regarding Henley Street, The Woodman Pub etc. I was born in South Road just across from Small Heath Bridge. I'd be interested to know if anyone remembers the brush factory that was close by, and what it was called. Another place I recall is...
  11. F

Stratford Road Schools

Hello Badger Back in the 50's I lived in Mole Street, about 50 yards from Stratford Road School, as it was called then. It's now called Ladypool School. I went there from '53 to '59. Six very happy years. The attached photo was taken in 1997. In 2005 the very distinctive tower was destroyed in...
  12. F

Sanitorium Yardley Rd.

I remember Yardley Green hospital quite well. I was a child patient for almost 18 months in Yardley Green Hospital, in ward G (side ward) during 1962/63. A few of the nurses I remember are Nurse Wright, Green, and staff nurse Donaghue. My doctor was a silver-haired Scotsman named Dr Ross...
Back