• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by florence butler

1. F

Various street pics

I really LOVE looking at all the old Birmingham photo's Lyn...Great thread. Thank you for all your hard work...Regards Florence
  2. F

Hay mills area

I do love the photo's you are posting stars...thanks for the nostalgia...Florence
  3. F

Sherbourne Road School

Hello Wam, Many thanks for this information...Florence
  4. F

Sherbourne Road School

Can anyone possibly help me with information on Sherbourne Road School? I have my fathers leaving certificate dated 1924 and would love to learn a little of where he spent his school days...Thank you, Florence
  5. F

Birmingham Great War Trail appeal

In the Birmingham Mail, Thursday 10 November, there is a very detailed and moving tribute to the 20 Birmingham Mail staff who lost their lives in the First World War. It includes a little personal information on each of the soldiers - their parents names, and wives if married, address, who they...
  6. F

Co-op high st bham

Stars ~ Thanks for that super photo...Brings back so any memories... Our childhood was so much more interesting watching all the horse drawn vehicles delivering in the streets every day.... Happy days! Florence
  7. F

Missing photos (as a result of Forum hacked 2011)

Lovely to see all the positive comments ~ All the best everyone! Florence
  8. F

Sparkhill Congregational Church

Things starting to happen now. There are posters up advertising their new restaurant - coming soon....MUGHAL & AZAM RESTAURANT. Florence
  9. F

UB40 in Brum

On Midlands today, there was a item about UB40 visiting Brum and being honoured with a Music Heritage Award - a plaque outside the Hare and Hounds pub in Kings Heath where they performed their first gig in 1979. One fan had travelled from Wales to be there.... This award apparently is quite rare...
  10. F

Mike Guest

So very sorry to hear the news. Like many others on the forum, I only knew him by reading his posts. R.I.P. Mike Florence
  11. F

Police Stations

Hello Sylyal.....Don't know if this will help your research. The book 'Old Ladywood Remembered' by Victor J Price Includes a small item on the Police Force. 'Ladywood was administered by the City of Birmingham Police Force, 'B' Division who had their station in Ladywood Road next door to the...
  12. F

Kingsway Picture House Kings Heath

Hi Colin, I have a vague idea that there was talk of the Kingsway being redeveloped in the papers last year. Hope it's not too badly damaged! Florence
  13. F

Sparkhill Congregational Church

Re: Derelict Church Restoration A further update - The whole area around the church has now been landscaped. It's looking very welcoming. Many young trees have been planted - including several palms. Lawns have been laid plus a variety of fencing and paving along with exterior lighting. Worth...
  14. F

Handsworth

What a pleasant surprise to see the Devolopers didn't win this one! ....Florence
  15. F

Kings Heath Horse Showground

Thanks all...I never gave it a thought to google for the Horse Show, as I usually try other means before asking on the forum. It was nice however to hear that you enjoyed these events so much Bernard. Must try and catch the Edinburgh castle one. Kind regards, Florence
Back