• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by firemans daughter

1. F

Central Fire Station Hq

Hi aggie2347 l also knew the Joyce family.l think l lived in the same flat as you. We left in -1949 my fathers name was Frank rayns I think the flat no was 9 but not sure.
  2. F

Fire Brigade Information

PS the other bunk bed in the shelter my dad built for your mum and nan.My mum was very friendly with your nan.
  3. F

Fire Brigade Information

Was your mothers pam Pegg.If so l knew her.she was one of my childhood friends.l remember your nan singing in the concerts,she had a good voice,My dad Frank Rayns made two bunk beds in the war shelterOne for my mum Sis Rayns and me Janet Rayns .l have a photo of Pam with me and Maureen...
  4. F

Central Fire Station Hq

l was born in central firestation 1938 and lived ther until 1949. l am very sad to see demise of central.My father was a fireman during the war and after and both my parents lived happily there, my mother was sad to leave it ,was like living in a village in the centre of birmingham. J,Rayns
Back