• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Fentham

1. F

Kings Norton

Most definitely Kings Norton Green. We live there. Fentham
  2. F

St Barnabas Church Erdington

I have a similar photo of our Wedding in 1960 weren't we lucky to be able to have a photo like that. We had our 60th anniversary last year 2020 as the church is not the same. Dick Simpson took the service. Alan Goldingay was also a choir boy (Head Choirboy I have some lovely photos of them...
  3. F

I have been talking to my friends from church and school. One of them remembers Jenny Ann she had red hair but apparently not as red as mine. She also lived in Stockland Green. Our best man remembers JennyAnn as she was his sisters friend. What a small world we live in!! Jean
  4. F

I started at Fentham Sept. 1950 and left in 1954. Have been speaking to some old friends from church and school. We were all bellringers together. Our best man remembers Jennyann as she was his sisters friend He also went to Moor End Lane but went on the the seniors. My other friend remembers...
  5. F

Many thanks. It must be her because I believe she have lived near Marsh Hill. It would have been a walk to Fentham Rd. Girls School . Also trek up to Erdington High St. to church. They were happy times. There were several of the girls and boys who lived in that area attended St. Barnabas...
  6. F

RIP JENNYANN

Helo Sorry to be a nuisance bus does anyone know what Jenny Ann surname was. I was a Sunday School and Church with her but cannot remember the surname. Fentham
  7. F

Many thanks. I will have to keep digging I know she went to Sunday School etc. with us but cannot remember her surname.
  8. F

Do you know what JennyAnn's maiden name was
  9. F

Waterworks house and pumping station Erdington

Have you looked at the 1949 census on Find my Past. Your family is on it.
  10. F

I am so sorry to hear about Jenny Ann She was was my main contact with Erdington and the schools we attended. But sad to say I never knew her name. Is there any way of finding out.
  11. F

Hello again Jenny Ann, It a long time since I was in touch with you. We were just as devastated as you when St. Barnabas was damaged. It is not the same inside . Does not feel like a church at all. Thankfully the bells are safe although I am not sure that the ringing quite the same.
  12. F

Hello Jenny An What form were you in at Fentham Our last year there was with Miss Harper. My Year was when Jill Bradbury become Rose Queen. Have you any photos of that year.
  13. F

Erdington National School High Street Erdington

Hello Jenny Ann, I have a postcard of the National Schools in Erdington. Would willing send you a copy but it would have to be post. I too went there to Sunday school, church also and moor end lane and Fentham Rd. Fentham
  14. F

Moor End Lane, Erdington

Hello Jenny Ann I have not been in touch with the Forum for a while and it has taken me some time to get back in. Anyway I am now in. I have quite few photos of Fentham,Class photos, Rose Festivals and ballet performances. Not sure when you attended Fentham. I was also at Moore End Primary...
Back