• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by ExMidlandRed

1. E

Courtyards and yards of brum

Hi Terry; Armoury Road, do you know the house numbers where your ancestors were living? We of the Harrison family lived at number 44. Cheers M
  2. E

Lucas Shaftmoor Lane Branch Works 3

I worked in BW3 for about 12 years leaving in 1990, for most of that time I was a tool setter on the starter armature shafts centre-less grinding section. There were a great many long service people working there and the factory had a good working atmosphere with due allowance for one or two...
  3. E

Midland Red Around Birmingham.

I would never park a bus at Dorridge Station without using the chock; we could never be too careful. Once when parked on the level at the 154 terminus in Solihull, I was sat in the lower saloon talking to my mate when the hanbrake released itself.....As for chocks that were lost, the solid...
  4. E

Midland Red Around Birmingham.

Adept Brummie, The three D9s are 'on the patch' at Digbeth. I collected the bus for my very first 'turn' one dark winter morning in January 1970. ExMidlandRed
  5. E

Travelling the 'wrong way' over Camp Hill Flyover.

I actually witnessed such an incident at first hand. I was working a service from the Bull Ring bus station on a summer evening in the early 1970's, the bus itself was a saloon. We had just reached the right hand curve at the top of the flyover when a black Rover 3 Litre was spotted coming...
Back