• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Ewan

1. E

Individuals on Family Tree Maker 2005

Nick, no need for an apology as you were not at all wasting my time, your answer just didn't seem relevant to my question, although it would be very good advice for anyone that had just started their family history. I just wanted to know basically if there was an option that you could click on...
  2. E

Cox John Brotherton

Re: John Brotherton Cox Hello Alberta, thanks for the information. The John Brotherton Cox you mention was the one born in 1809, with also his son John Brotherton Cox included in the baptisms from 1840. I have all the census details of these 3 gentlemen, and I have been trying to determine...
  3. E

Cox John Brotherton

Hello I am looking for descendants of John Brotherton COX born 1809 Birmingham, John Brotherton COX born 1838 Birmingham, also John COX born 1783 born Birmingham. I would be delighted if anyone is related to these individuals as I am trying to confirm whether my great granddad is related to...
  4. E

Were the 2 Churches Near?

Many thanks Northfield and dek carr for your help. Northield, can you just clarify please the baptisms that you mention that are from St Johns and St Martins being for one family, are the children the result of one couple? Ewan
  5. E

Were the 2 Churches Near?

I have looked on google maps for this and it seems to show a few minute walk or so, but I thought I would ask this question to see if anyone local can help. Two children of a couple were baptised within 2 years of each other at St John Deritend (1770 and 1772), 2 years later (1774) up to 13...
  6. E

Information on Passengers

Hello Suzanne Thank you for finding the will details and for posting them for me, William certainly lived to a ripe old age. I don't know how I missed it :rolleyes:. I wished I knew though if Alice Emily Williams who died in 1928 was his daughter or not. Many thanks for your help. Ewan
  7. E

Hello Suzanne, I am in the library at the moment looking at wills, I have found the one of an Alice Emily Williams but I can't find the one that you think is the dad of Alice. There is one who died in 1881 looking at death registrations that could be that one but he was aged 79 in 1881 so he...
  8. E

I haven't seen the will of William Cheverton as yet Suzanne, but you mentioning about a will of an Alice Emily Williams for 1928 on the Isle of Wight looks of interest even though the birth year is 1846. I may try and follow her through on censuses to see about her past. Thanks for the...
  9. E

Hello Maurice and Suzanne Not forgetting the fact that I am not sure whether the Walter Williams on the passenger list from Port Stanley is the son of Alice and James Williams, it is just that his name came up on the lists, with his age being a good match. However, I will contact the people...
  10. E

Hello Maurice Alice's dad was a William Cheverton, it is the Alice Emily Cheverton that I am trying to find after 1881 and it was only when a Walter Williams turned up on a passenger list from Port Stanley to Liverpool I wondered if this could of been her son, therefore hopefully tracing the...
  11. E

Thank you batmadviv, and Maurice for your help again. Yes, that is the couple's marriage in 1884 Isle of Wight. I also have looked on the 1881 census looking for Alice Emily Cheverton, entering Alice Cheverton birthplace England 'all' and a birth year of 1855 + or - 10 years, census county...
  12. E

Hello Maurice Walter John Williams was born in 1885 in England, he and his parents are not showing on the 1891 census, so I presume if they went abroad it was after 1885 sometime. I don't know the occupation of his dad, only that his name was John James Williams and his mum Alice Emily...
  13. E

Hello Maurice I really think I have come to a dead end with this chap, primarily I wondered if he was the son of a couple I can not find on the 1891 and 1901 censuses. The name of Walter John Williams cropped up on the passenger list, with the age being a good match and I was hoping to find...
  14. E

Maurice Thank you for your interest in my dilemma regarding passenger lists and for posting the link. After asking various people I have come to the conclusion that there is no where to find out more than what is in the ancestry record. Another dead end. Thanks again Ewan
  15. E

Just to say I have had numerous people helping to look for Walter John Williams and his family, and I feel I have come to a dead end there. I need advice really on where I can find out anymore about the passenger list if possible, or perhaps there is no where I can find out more information. I...
Back