• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by ethanedwards

1. ethanedwards

Birmingham Nightclubs of the Past - Memories

Can I ask the admin team to sort out this forum. It is getting fragmented with some threads about the same nightclubs and venues!! Members are not checking the forum to see if there is a thread already in existence, before starting a new one! I tried a couple of years back to consoliodate posts...
  2. ethanedwards

The Cinephone

Great and interesting clip Terry, thanks for posting. Ironic how at the time they were the most modern and futuristic cinemas, and today most don't exist!
  3. ethanedwards

The Towers pub, Great Barr

Yes I did, for a few years. Late 60's,70's ish!!!
  4. ethanedwards

Outrigger

Yes we are indeed still looking. I went there a couple of times and was impressed to how modern it seemed. Great photos, and many thanks for posting them.
  5. ethanedwards

Birmingham Cinemas

Hi Len, Thanks for the pic of the old Danilo In the 70's and 80's I lived in Quinton, and saw many films at the then Essoldo
  6. ethanedwards

Hi Ozzie you might be intersested in these the dedicated threads for The Plaza's and Ritz and the Golden Eagle
  7. ethanedwards

Birmingham Hippodrome

When I was a kid, I saw Roy, Dale and Trigger at The Plaza Theatre in West Bromwich. He asked all the kids who were wearing cowboy suits onto the stage and we all, one by one had the treat of sitting on top of Trigger. He gave us all a blue Lone Star gun as a gift. Only wish I still had it...
  8. ethanedwards

Golden Eagle- Hill Street

Great shot Lyn, thanks.
  9. ethanedwards

Rum Runner

Past membership cards:-
  10. ethanedwards

Le Metro

A past membership card:-
  11. ethanedwards

Thought these might be interesting, Membership cards from the past:-
  12. ethanedwards

Birmingham Cinemas

Thanks, and yes it probably was later, but it was indeed the Gaumont, where I saw these movies
  13. ethanedwards

Plaza Handsworth

Morris, Take a look at this dedicated thread https://forum.birminghamhistory.co.uk/showthread.php?t=29255
  14. ethanedwards

Birmingham Cinemas

Besides watching TSOM five or six times. The Gaumont was also the 'Cinerama' cinema. I saw How The West Was Won, It's A Mad, Mad, World, and Fall of the Roman Empire there
  15. ethanedwards

Golden Eagle- Hill Street

Thanks for this. Hope you don't mind me putting side by side with the other photograph, on the first post. Makes for good comparison.
Back