• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Ena Sharples

1. E

St. Mary's (Aston Brook) Church School

I was born and brought up in Clarendon Street. We had the house behind mrs Morris's shop. I always have the memory of the cobblers at the end of the street with a big painted Policeman stepping out with a huge sole on his boot.
  2. E

Royal Coronations : Birmingham response

On the picture of Clarendon Street I am the small child on the extreme left of the picture, being held by my cousin Josie Morris, another cousin Jenny Morris 3 months older than me is the small girl right in the centre. My mother informs me that they had a pretty sorry set of flags draped across...
  3. E

Handsworth Technical School

I was at Craythorne Ave from 1963 to 1968 in forms from 1b to 5A2. I can remember some names from my form, Caro, Stanyard, Rogers, Shaw, Kudryl, Wickett, Woodward, Morris. Mendes was the Head and Trevor Lewis the deputy. I remember "bomber" Plowright teaching English, Flurtter for Maths...
Back