• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Elmo

1. E

RIP MAURICE (sospiri)

Such sad news RIP
  2. E

Henry Pooley & Sons

I was an apprentice at W&T Avery and remember Pooley as being a subsidiary. If I remember correctly they painted their scales green as opposed to the Avery post office red. From what I've seen on Google Avery took over Pooley in 1913
  3. E

Hockley Brook floods

My memory of the Brook was climbing in to get our ball back when we used to play football in Newton Place by the old bottle exchange, which I'm sure I've seen mentioned on here too!
  4. E

Pub Quiz League

Are you sure that collecting photos of pubs isn't a cover for collecting photos of window cleaners? They do seem to feature quite a lot! Lol - Seriously you have some tremendous pictures!
Back