• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by ellbrown

1. ellbrown

HS2 progress 2020 and beyond

If Guilbert gets a train on the Cross City or Chase or West Coast Mainlines, he could get views like this. 20th August 2020 on a Class 350 train I got from Stechford to Birmingham New Street (one train an hour, and it was delayed). Turntable. Curzon Street Station. New Canal Street...
  2. ellbrown

Metro progress 2020

I'm not sure. Probably also buses. Currently traffic is diverted onto Grosvenor Street West. Might be tram and bus only.
  3. ellbrown

Metro progress 2020

There is tracks visible from the Hagley Road, but I couldn't see anywhere safe to get a photo. So instead took this on Broad Street near Symphony Hall and Regency Wharf.
  4. ellbrown

Centenary Square development 2020

That was a rainy day. People either sheltering from the rain. Or sticking to the City Core shopping. You should see how busy the High Street area was, way too many people. Westside was much quieter, including Brindleyplace. Was even people sitting on graves in Cathedral Square (St Philip's...
  5. ellbrown

No, midday or in the afternoon. There wouldn't be people hovering in mid air in front of that new facade. Unless you had builders on a cherry picker or something. No one on site today that I could see.
  6. ellbrown

After Cineworld, got these reflections of the Library in Symphony Hall.
  7. ellbrown

Paradise development 2020

Maybe convert them into hotels? (or a museum of some kind). Some 103 Colmore Row views from Centenary Way.
  8. ellbrown

From the 26th August 2020. May pass through here again later, after my first cinema visit in 5 months.
  9. ellbrown

One Centenary Way has started and due to be completed by 2022. There is also the restaurant spaces. Dishroom opened recently at One Chamberlain Square.
  10. ellbrown

The Austin's aero industry in the 1940's

Not sure if this is the right thread, but saw this sign on Lowhill Lane in Longbridge near the new houses. About the Flight Shed, 1936 until 2011.
  11. ellbrown

Ghost signs of Birmingham

Found a Twinings ghost sign on Groveley Lane in Longbridge near Coombes Lane.
  12. ellbrown

Chamberlain clock restoration

The whole clock, the tower, the mechanisms, all off to Smith of Derby. It will be restored off site. So the roundabout will not have anything on it until early 2021.
  13. ellbrown

I'd taken a few earlier this month, and was aware it was going today and tomorrow.
  14. ellbrown

Having just walked up Congreve Passage again and crossed over Great Charles Street Queensway / Paradise Circus Queensway, took this photo looking back as I headed to the Jewellery Quarter via Summer Row, Parade and Newhall Hill.
  15. ellbrown

Got some photos of that today. Up Frederick Street to the Chamberlain Clock in the Jewellery Quarter. Warstone Lane Vyse Street Further down Warstone Lane near Golden Square.
Back