• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

ellbrown's latest activity

• ellbrown
    ellbrown replied to the thread HS2 progress 2020.
    Sorry. If you had an account set up at FreeTimePays https://www.birminghamweare.com then you could also become a Birmingham We Are...
  • ellbrown
    ellbrown replied to the thread HS2 progress 2020.
    If Guilbert gets a train on the Cross City or Chase or West Coast Mainlines, he could get views like this. 20th August 2020 on a Class...
  • ellbrown
    ellbrown reacted to guilbert53's post in the thread HS2 progress 2020 with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Just over a week OK I went up to Birmingham taking photos all over the city centre. One set of photos I took was around the new HS2...
  • ellbrown
    ellbrown replied to the thread Metro progress 2020.
    I'm not sure. Probably also buses. Currently traffic is diverted onto Grosvenor Street West. Might be tram and bus only.
  • ellbrown
    ellbrown replied to the thread Metro progress 2020.
    There is tracks visible from the Hagley Road, but I couldn't see anywhere safe to get a photo. So instead took this on Broad Street...
  • ellbrown
    That was a rainy day. People either sheltering from the rain. Or sticking to the City Core shopping. You should see how busy the High...
  • ellbrown
    No, midday or in the afternoon. There wouldn't be people hovering in mid air in front of that new facade. Unless you had builders on a...
  • ellbrown
    After Cineworld, got these reflections of the Library in Symphony Hall.
  • ellbrown
    ellbrown replied to the thread Paradise development 2020.
    Maybe convert them into hotels? (or a museum of some kind). Some 103 Colmore Row views from Centenary Way.
  • ellbrown
    From the 26th August 2020. May pass through here again later, after my first cinema visit in 5 months.
  • ellbrown
    ellbrown replied to the thread Paradise development 2020.
    One Centenary Way has started and due to be completed by 2022. There is also the restaurant spaces. Dishroom opened recently at One...
  • ellbrown
    ellbrown reacted to Frothblower's post in the thread Paradise development 2020 with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Thanks ellbrown for your brilliant photos. Because of Covid restrictions it's been months since I entered town. I must say Paradise is...
  • ellbrown
    Not sure if this is the right thread, but saw this sign on Lowhill Lane in Longbridge near the new houses. About the Flight Shed, 1936...
  • ellbrown
    ellbrown replied to the thread Ghost signs.
    Found a Twinings ghost sign on Groveley Lane in Longbridge near Coombes Lane.
  • ellbrown
    ellbrown reacted to Bob Davis's post in the thread Canals of Birmingham with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Unless you are trying to steer a boat along the canal and then it is wet, cold (even in midsummer) and miserable and if the wind is...