• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Edifi

1. E

In the Garden 2020

Mike WOW
  2. E

RTP Potato Crisps

Banjo ,was probably in that van :laughing: :heart_eyes:
  3. E

RTP Potato Crisps

Pete.The factory was between the pub on the corner of Cato St and the Butcher in Saltley Rd .There was a driveway between the Butchers and the Garage to the back of the building were I cleaned and chipped the potatoes before my dad & Uncle fried them.Think the garage was near Devon St.Your...
  4. E

RTP Potato Crisps

Alan those pictures of the water down pipes were brilliant, set into the wall
  5. E

RTP Potato Crisps

Alan,Brian Round took over when his dad died of Heart Attack. My father and Uncle worked for him there Brian then sold the building ,to be made into flats He became a Millionaire through it buying property in Florida & Spain He's my cousin still alive at 80 And 9 days older than me.
  6. E

Smithfield Garage

IN THE 70s I USED TO DELIVER CARS FOR MARTIN BROADBENT AT SMITHFIELD. AFTER DELIVERING A VW TO LENTHERIC PERFUME HAD TO MAKE MY WAY INTO LONDON AND PICK UP AN AUDI QUATRO.NEW IN THE COUNTRY THAT HAD BEEN ON LEASE HIRE FOR A WEEK. WAS TOLD IT WENT LIKE SOMETHING OFF A SHOVEL. AND IT DID...
  7. E

Courtyards and yards of brum

MWS.If only,You couldn't leave a milk bottle outside now. As Wally said.WE WERE A DIFFERENT KIND OF CHARACTER THEN
  8. E

Give us yer donny

When did we start calling Boot & Shoe repairs SNOBS As a child was always told to take DADS boots to the SNOBS
  9. E

Pub Quiz League

Sorry Lyn,never was a roamer round the pubs.So not interested in the competition. Just thought the glassing was great:mad::mad:
  10. E

Pub Quiz League

Looks like the Armarda, Golden Hind or the Long Boat to me.Really nice Glassing job tho.
  11. E

Pub Quiz League

West Mid,Sorry to hear the sad news.IT HAPPENED TO ME IN 1991 AT 50 YEARS OF AGE.BEST THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED TO ME, STARTED MY OWN GARDENING BUSINESS ,NEVER LOOKED BACK.WISHED I HAD DONE IT YEARS AGO.WITH YOUR GARDENING EXPERTISE YOU SHOULD GO FAR.
  12. E

Good music to listen to on U Tube

WENT INTO MY LOCAL RECORD SHOP AND ASKED IF HE HAD ANYTHING BY "THE DOORS" THE CHAP SAID "A BUCKET OF SAND AND A FIRE BLANKET":blush::blush:
  13. E

Childhood Memories Of Trains

Never ever used one.Only ever had one holiday in a friends Guest House in Torquay in 1952
  14. E

Nicknames

As a child my aunts called me PUDDIN At school and all through my footballing days FUDGY In the army (Catering Corps ) it was AY YO BRUM.
  15. E

Tower blocks Perry Barr demolition.

Tom.WAS THE POLICE MOTORCYCLIST LIVING THERE STILL