• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by eddlowe

1. E

Hockley Hill

As ever Mike and Lyn you have solved another little puzzle for which I am grateful. it was one of those places I can remember from childhood but forgot what the building looked like and whereabouts it was situated, but the main thing I have is the great memories of getting up very early on a...
  2. E

Hockley Hill

Hi Mike on the right of hockley hill on the map is shown metal works gas fittings would you know if this was Howlets factory, as my grandfather worked there till he retired I remember going on fishing trips with him from there by coach, but cannot remember whereabouts the building was, if anyone...
  3. E

for astonian

Your more than welcome Alan. I text sue most nights. photo was taken in the yenton .
  4. E

for astonian

Hi Alan I managed to take this pic for you about a week ago your old mate ron langford on the left younger sister susan in middle and brother alan on right all are well and ron sends his regards
  5. E

Swallow Raincoats

Hi Lyn, yes my garage is between the woodman and swallow building, except I am now retired my son took over the reins, I still venture over for a natter to my old customers and people I dealt with for the last forty years, there are some really great people round there, and after forty years I...
  6. E

Swallow Raincoats

can I just say a big thank you to Mike for taking the time to send me the relevant article its much appreciated .cheers mucka
  7. E

Swallow Raincoats

Lyn the interior was modernised many years ago nothing of the time remains, the wall I am on about is the exterior wall at the end of the building in well st, they are building offices above my garage so the external wall now becomes a interior wall or part thereof, what we asked him to do was...
  8. E

Swallow Raincoats

IM sent Mike thanks
  9. E

Swallow Raincoats

thanks viv I will forward all this to the developer
  10. E

Swallow Raincoats

Mikejee, and Vivienne, thank you both so much, that is the exact type of information I was hoping for, I can pass this on to the developer who will incorporate it on a plaque for all to see. when done I will post a photo but it will be a while yet, great result thanks edd
  11. E

Swallow Raincoats

Hi Guys and Girls it is the actual date the building was erected we are after, a bonus would be the first occupier, I doubt swallow raincoats was the original occupier but would love to be proved wrong, I say swallow raincoats as most people know the building as this, I worked in part of the...
  12. E

Swallow Raincoats

that's the place we are at the end of the building in well st the wall is our party wall thanks Vivienne
  13. E

Swallow Raincoats

Hi Alan. as you know this building is being changed and renovated in certain areas one being the offices connecting to the outer wall on one side, the developer has agreed to keep the original outer wall, which is now part of the interior of the offices in plain brick as a feature, what we are...
  14. E

Swallow Raincoats

Hi All would anyone know what year the swallow raincoats building on gt Hampton st was built, and if poss who was the first occupier, I have done the search button but cannot find this info. thanks
  15. E

Favorite film ever

for the panoramic views dances with wolves for the good over evil el cid for fantasy field of dreams any and all films that can transport me to another time and place
Back