• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Drumbum1

1. D

Frederick Baxter Bolts Screws & Rivets Birmingham

I used to work at Baxters in the 70s at Parade works Sheepcote street. The Baxters (or at least one of them) used to race Jaguars and we found a stash of Jaguar tyres and rims in the air raid shelter in the factory. So there was definitely an automotive interest in the family.
  2. D

Baxters Bolt and Rivet Works

Phot of Berwyn driving https://www.racingsportscars.com/driver/photo/Berwyn-Baxter-GB.html
  3. D

Regarding last post check out www.historywebsite.co.uk/Museum/Transport/Cars/Kieft.htm The Baxter brother who was a racing driver was Berwin Baxter, he purchased this car company (Kieft)
  4. D

Hi, I worked at Baxters from 1977-1981, when I first joined it was a fairly large plant with equipment in storage from before the war, like a museum, there wars one underground storage area that used to be an air raid shelter that had some of the racing memorabilia and spare Jag wheels from one...
Back