• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Dr Di

1. D

Midwives

Thanks Wendy, I'll try to get to Brum before they close part of the Archives in the library, I understand this is happening in July. I have a photo of my great gran in her uniform, is it possible to put it on the Forum, other members might be able to find clues that I've missed? Regards, Di
  2. D

Midwives

Thank you very much, Sue. I wondered if there was a copy of the Court hearing, my great gran appeared in Magistrates Court on the 7th March 1924, but I don't know where to look to find copies of the court hearing. Do you know if the B'ham Libray has copies of B'ham newspapers for that long...
  3. D

Midwives

Hi everyone, I'm not sure if I'm doing this right, but here goes. My great grandma was a midwife called Ann Davis, she practiced in the Lozells and Aston district from 1902 onwards. I have a photo of her in her unform taken about 1920 I think. I assumed she's qualified unnder the Midwives Act...
  4. D

All Souls Church, Birchfield, Stafford.

Thank you Andy, Big Gee and Shortie! So the church is still on Wenlock Rd then? I wonder if it would it be possible to visit it, or is it locked up like most churches are these days. Does anyone know how I could find out who was living at 32 The Broadway in 1919/20, I keep wondering if Hannah...
  5. D

All Souls Church, Birchfield, Stafford.

Hi everyone, can anyone tell me what happened to this church please? I've looked everywhere for it. It did exist, and its parish was formed from Holy Trinity Church and St Peter & Pauls Aston. But I can't find it on maps, was it demolished during the War? My great uncle & aunt Arthur Davis and...
Back