• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by dpeden

1. D

No 8 Bus Route

Hi David, Thank you for the information - I wish i had seen that photo! Still sounds right to me - the third lad would be Williams younger brother George (Not Ben as I may have inadvertently called him in a previous post). We were often 'bribed' to take George with us when we went on our...
  2. D

No 8 Bus Route

I was at Hope Street from infants right through until 1965. I was in the same class/stream as Michael Ladlow, Billy France, Robert Day, Sofffik Meah, Shagufta Aziz, Michael and Stephen McGuinness (twins), Timothy Feeley and many others.
  3. D

No 8 Bus Route

Hello Liz, A narrow escape – sometimes luck rides with you, sounds like it was your turn to have a bit of the good stuff that day
  4. D

No 8 Bus Route

Thanks John, William had light red hair (his mom called it strawberry blonde...) and mine was a dark brown, so the colouring would be right on a old B&W photograph. We both had the common fringe cut (like the lad bottom right of photo' who is walking with his mom), so that would be also be...
  5. D

No 8 Bus Route

Well what do you know! Many, many thanks David - this is the very phot'o I spoke of - and I'm still convinced in my own mind that it is William and I at the upstairs window. William would be on the left as you look at the front of the bus and me on the right. Our usual positions on those...
  6. D

No 8 Bus Route

Just joined the site - so my input to this thread may seem a bit late. I lived in Benacre Street most of my childhood life and went to school at Hope Street at infant, junior and senior level. I remember the inner circle 8 well. Between the years 1961 to 1965 (age 10 to 14 ) me and my best...
Back