• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Donna

1. Donna

Howell family

Re: Researching the Howell family Hello, have you got a Henry Howell married to a Selina Stuart or Stewart by any chance in your tree? Thanks, Donna
  2. Donna

Birmingham characters

Hi Astonian, I was just wondering with all you know about Birmingham, do you remember an asian chap called Johnny Mo, he was a bit of a lad about in the 60's and 70's. He had his finger in a lot of pies. My dad used to do a bit for him now and then but i don't know what this bit was. I do...
  3. Donna

Birmingham characters

Hello Astonian, i just love your stories, they pu tyou right back there. the lady in question was my gt gt nan and she had 14 children. i can understand why she would try and get put away for christmas dinner with all them mouths to feed!!!!!!
  4. Donna

Birmingham characters

Not sure if this is the right forum but it is a general Brum question. Does anyone recall a lady singing (maybe drunkenly) outside the Law Courts possibly during 1940's, 50's or 60's? Thanks Donna
  5. Donna

Harborne

My mom was born here as well in 1947 in the worst winter ever. i don't know what the building is now or even if it still exists.
  6. Donna

Warwickshire regiment

Dear all, thanks for all your replies. i think this is gt grandad as my grandad said they lived in park lane. and thanks for the medal card, brilliant.
  7. Donna

Pub Crawl photos

I remember the Castle Stores, I used to cycle up there from the Firs Estate as it was the only shop open on a Sunday afternoon in those days.
  8. Donna

Warwickshire regiment

Hi both, thanks for the advice. His name was George Arthur Howell born Birmingham.
  9. Donna

Warwickshire regiment

Hello, I wonder if this is the right forum for a start but Im wondering how I can find out which part of the Royal Warwickshire regiment my gt granfather was in. He was born in 1891, would he have been too old to be in WWII, did the Warks regiment exist in WWII. My granddad said he went to...
  10. Donna

Marriage look up.

Hello, have found a Henry BARRETT and a Mary DE HORNE apr,may,jun 1872 croydon vol 2a p315
  11. Donna

The sportsman Small Heath

is it the sportsman by gas works nechells
  12. Donna

Five Fields, Ward End

When I was little, I used to play at the rec which is off Bromford Lane on the corner of St Margarets, do you think that could be the five fields?
  13. Donna

St Joseph Birmingham Warwick

Thanks for the info Macca.
  14. Donna

St Joseph Birmingham Warwick

Hello, does anyone know where I can find any info on a christening in 1877 in St Joseph Birmingham Warwick. Thank you.
  15. Donna

New street amusement arcade

I remember the ice cream shop Dayvilles and vaguely remember the fruit machines, was it early 80s? sorry no photos though
Back